Stupid Question of the Day

Back from MQX and determined to put some of what I learned to use, I just put on my Hartley Base Extended for the first time and found 2 other clear acrylic pieces with holders on the top that I'm thinking could be rulers?

Can anyone tell me if they are in fact rulers and if not, what are they?

Hanging head in shame that I had to admit this is the first time I've used it.....

Hi Irene, not a stupid question at all.

First time I put my Hartley base expander on my new Lenni, I went to grab the shorter ruler to try it out, it slipped out of my hand, fell to the floor and broke in half!!! I never even had a chance to use it before it broke! Be careful when handling the rulers, if they fall they may break on you....my lesson learned.

Has anyone ever tried fixing a broken ruler, and if so how? I hate to throw it out, even broken, as it is brand new!

Nadia, go to the hobby shop. They have glue made especially for different types of plastics. My husband has built those very detailed little car models as a hobby for years. That's how I found out about the glue. I dropped and broke a clamshell ruler. I would have liked to leave it broken but I was almost finished with a queen size quilt (completely done with the 3 inch clam shell). I didn't want to ever see the ruler again, but had to fix it to finish the quilt.......:mad:

I feel your pain.

Just last weekend I bought a new ruler.....I paid for it and dropped it on the floor right there in the shop. Broke it.

Didn't even get out of the shop.

I asked them if they could give me a deal on another one. They didn't.

Thanks so much you guys! I knew I was saving my broken ruler for something! I will try out your glue suggestions...and then maybe I'll finally get to try it out........and decide I don't like it!!!!:P:P:P

Oh man Dars, that sucks! In the store even, and you didn't get a discount on the new one??? Well, try fixing the broken one with the suggestions above and if it works........return the other one!!!

Thanks again for the suggestions...I will try them out!

Archived