Looking at the used machines

Both models will have the older lighting which is the flourescent bar under the handles.

The Millie will have the electronic channel locks and the lower thread cutter, the Freedom has neither of those. It will have a manual screw that will give you a horizontal lock.

The throat size is the same.

Linda,

I have worked with the stitch regulator and I do like it. That is a very important selling point.

The next question is now what does the 2009 Millie that a 2004 Millie would not? Would this classify as a "Green" machine? Can it be updated?

Denice,

the 2009 wil have the new Led lighting with built in blacklight. the 2004 has the old flourescent tube. It will have all the same "stuff" just somewhat re-designed. The on/off switch has been moved to a better location. The laser light electronics are built in, on the older machines you have a pack that plugs into the back. The faceplates have been redesigned.

No, a 2004 is not classified as a Green Millie. A green millie is an old Ult 1 that has been rebuilt to have the components/features of a Millenium

No and no. Well, I should say on the pack that it could come unplugged when using and you may loose your laser light for a second, til you replug it. But I don't think that ever happened in the 3 years I had my machine with the pack.

Archived