HMQS: Exhausted but fun!

Wow. After three day FULL of classes, I am glad tomorrow is the last day. Haven't had time to even hardly glance at the quilts except for a few minutes today with Kristina. It was so fun to meet her. Got to take Myrna's fabulous Fowlproof Feathers class. The woman sure has it together. :):):):) The rest of the classes have been on piecing, which I love. New York Beauty, Double Wedding Ring, Braided Borders, BIndings and Borders. Many really good teachers. I would encourage any of you that live on the west coast and cannot afford MQS to try this out next year. There are a lot more Hands-on classes, although way fewer longarm classes. THe show is smaller and more intimate, but still a lot of fun. I finally get to wander through the quilts tomorrow. I'll post any pictures that Kristina does not post. She is just the cutest little thing. 7 kids. Wow.

Talk to y'all soon. ;););););)

Nancy

Nancy, I had a great time meeting you as well. You were tough to keep up with, even in your high heels! LOL:D We met as I walked in the door to the show. Nancy was hurriedly walking to class with fabric in hand...we looked at each other for a split second...recognized each other, exchanged a hug, then decided on a meeting time/place after her class. WOW. I no longer felt alone. Thanks Nancy for being there.

HMQS was fabulous. You made the show fun for me, as I came alone. I had a 16 hour day with my drivetime. I was mentally exhausted and tired when I got home last night. So much to take in...and I didn't even take classes. I am certainly going back next year. I look forward to visiting with ya again soon!

I got to meet Birgit as well. Her trunk show was great! Her work is beautiful in person. What an honor it was to meet. It was funny though. I was looking at a quilt...when I felt that maybe somebody was looking at me...I turned around, and Birgit said my name and I knew right away it was her. With so many people at the show it was a wonder that any of us met!

I will post pictures of some of the quilts at the show later. They were all beautiful!

Shana, I did take shots of your quilts as well as one of Kathy's. I will email them to you later.

Archived