Is it just me? Now with pics!

O.K. I can't see anything wrong with the piano key border, or the leaves....if the flower not centering is bothering you, just echo a few free hand petals to fill out the space a bit more.

Nature would do that too!

I agree with others here that have mentioned you can't judge the quilt until it's off the frame, and no doubt you are your own worst critic.

:)

Sylvia, isn't it just awful the way we won't let each other get down on ourselves? :cool: That's why we love this forum so much - everyone helps keep things in perspective. We are hardest on ourselves and need the friends here to keep each other grounded (or frogging beautiful quilts).

Your quilt is looking wonderful.

Sylvia - Your quilt looks great. We all get a little off center when quilting, we are not machines. You can do like I do, and put a little vine with small loops and more little leaves like you meant to do that to begin with in those off center spaces. That would fill in the empty space. Or, you could do some stippeling of some sort to fill in. Just remember, nothing in life is perfect. No 2 leaves are the same in real life nor are the flowers. Your quilting is just fine. If all your squares don't match perfectly, it just shows you did that by hand with love.

Well thank you all for your comments. I am finally getting used to things being off center (I will go back and add another layer of quilting where need be. I am getting better with the leaves although they are surly not consistent. I ran by it (as if by train or on houseback) and it looked better from that speed and distance. Perhaps, if I put it in our local show, the judge will grade it at the same distance and speed. :D I have just got to figure out how to continue from place to place without re-stitching over previous stitching or tying off. I must say, the first "real quilt" from the front of the machine is a bit daunting!!!!!

Archived