MQS was a great show!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures I missed Shana........they were all soooooooooo beautiful. After the the show they had moved them around and I swear I couldn't find them again. The ones I did find I had to have help finding yours.:( I was not happy missing the quilts I wanted pictures of. They were all so beautiful!!

Originally posted by meg_marsh

Shana,

First ......... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Way to go and I love the quilt! Did you make the pattern? & the quilting is so perfect. Fabulous job!!!

Also, thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures!! It is so nice to see some of the other quilts -

Meg, are you talking about the glacier quilt? No, I did not make the pattern, but Yes, I did modify the pattern and added my own thing to it. First I made the quilt much larger. Originally it was 50"x70" and it ended up being nearly 80"x80" and the modification I did was to turn the block pattern upside down in the sky area and that is how I added and created the aurora. That part was not in the pattern. I plan on sending photos to Lisa Moore in Sitka, Alaska. She made this pattern. I think she will really like what I did to her original design. (I have met Lisa and know her...she is so nice).

Thanks for the kind words. It was a fun quilt to make. I tried all sorts of new techniques and played with all sorts of different threads.

Shana

Originally posted by jackie_lathem

Shana, which of Janet's quilts did you get a picture of? She had one she had quilted for Hanaa Karim and she also quilted one I had made. I would love to see the photos. I never got time to get into the showroom to see them hanging.

Jackie, I got photos of all of Janet's quilts but unfortunately I believe my camera battery was nearly dead and they did not save to the memory card. I am sad. :( Sorry.

Archived