Home from MQS!!

Hello to everyone!

I have been home long enough to empty my car (back seat and trunk full) and to take a 2 hour nap.

You guys are awesome. Thanks to everyone that stopped by the desk to say hello. And especially thanks to those of you that took time out of your schedule to volunteer. You are the ones that help keep the show running. I also know there are a couple of you that will go the long way around next year just so you don't have to pass by my desk. I will probably grab you and put you to work. Right Barb???

Will post more later, I now have to unpack all the things I brought in from the car.

Thank you again to everyone and God Bless you!!!!!

I just landed tonight 10PM Alaska time on Sunday...after traveling a 17 hour day from Nebraska... I'm exhausted but so glad to be home. I miss my MQS friends already! It was a whirlwind of excitement. The spirit and momentum that was created by all who participated in the week-long activities of MQS still rings in my ears and in my mind. I will be reflecting on this past week for a long time. :) I am so blessed to be amongst such wonderful people.

My flight home was perfect! I had a great view the entire trip. The rocky mountains were sticking out, and as I approached the seattle area, it was crystal clear skies and Mount Rainier was out in all it's glory and I got to spend a few hours with Linda Rech during my 6 hour layover at SeaTac. It was so good to meet her, and her amazing Dennis. She showed me her lovely home, garden and quilting studio. Thanks, Linda!! You are a doll.

Last but not least, Sheri Butler was the best! She took such good care of me during my stay in Nebraska. She has a wonderful and funny husband and a beautiful home. Their generous hospitality meant the world to me and I am grateful. While I was with Sheri, I got to enjoy the beautiful Nebraska countryside during our drive between Lincoln to Kansas City. We saw lots of deer and wild turkey along the road grazing in the freshly planted corn and bean fields. I loved to see all the farm houses. I am a country girl at heart. The heartland of the US really is beautiful.

Thank you again to everyone who made it fun for not only me but for all of us. We are like a big family. I love you all very much. :)

And speaking of Jackie......(You knew this was coming).....by the time Saturday rolled around I felt like I had been dragged behind a lumber truck. I was to tired that I hurt from my ear lobes down. I was waiting for Claudia to come out of the showroom after breaking down the APQS booth....and I was people watching. Jackie had an empty cart and she wheeled it around the corner of a table and ran right over another lady's foot. Oh my gosh, that was priceless. The lady, of course over reacted and started to limp. Jackie looked right at me and said, "This better not appear in print!" Then she apologized to the lady. Jackie, you my new friend...are a hoot. I am so happy we met. I already look forward to next year. Only, I will have a camera and be hanging closer to you...like Mr. Margie...I think you will provide us with many "Kodak moments"!!:D:P

Jackie, you won't find me taking the long way around - I truly enjoyed helping wherever and whenever I could! I'm sitting in the Kansas City airport this morning, waiting to wing my way back to Washington - and work....:)

Jackie, I think you did a terrific job at the show. All of the time spent, the work, the organization, and the coordination! What a job....and you showed us all how it should be done. Nice work.

Actually, I was thinking about next year already. I was thinking about requesting a volunteer spot in the judging room - what do you think???

Okay, chatters - this is the 1st of 10 posts from the "10 post promise"...no more lurking!

Thanks, to ladies for being so wonderful to me as a lurker. What a great group of people you are. I feel very fortunate to have landed here. Cheers to you all....

Jackie,

Being a volunteer made the show much more memorable. If I hadn't booked so many classes, I would have helped more. My classes, were, however, also wonderful. I learned SOOO much and came home energized. It was my pleasure to meet you and the MQS staff. You all did a fantastic job. I just don't know how you kept up all the energy. I slept most Saturday and Sunday when I returned home.

I look forward to helping again next year.

PS. I love the large bag pattern I received as a thank you. I can't wait to get one made.

Becky,

I start taking volunteer requests at the first of the year. Send me an email then about the judging room. As MB and I can both attest to... you have to be very close-mouthed to be able to work in there. That is why we don't get to work there!!!

Deb, thank you for all your hard work. The pattern is just a very small token of appreciation. There is no way to repay all the hard work you as volunteers put in. For me, there are more blessings to volunteering than the monetary gifts. I have been so blessed by getting to meet all of you and renewing old friendships. Folks like you make my job so easy.

Again, thank you again from the bottom of my pea-picking heart.:)

Archived