CC Ruler

Starla, here's the link to the site to order them http://www.lovetoquilt.com/

Julie, if you open the description page for the triple play rulers there's a spot where it says detailed instructions. Click on it and it opens a page with the directions and you can print them. Mine did come with them but I keep loosing them so it's a good thing she has them on the site.

I use the tabbed circles that I make for continuous curve. (www.customqt.com) It is a little bit slower than doing them freehand, but they turn out perfect every time. The tab on the circle takes the guess work out of where to place the ruler. I have a short video on youtube that shows how they work. You can do a search on youtube for tabbed circles.

I recommend getting a circle size 1-2 inches larger than the square you are wanting to do CC on. The larger the circle, the more shallow the curve. ie: I use a 6" circle to do CC in a 4" square.

I also have a book/workstation for ideas for continuous curve and other arc work. It is all laminated so that you can practice with dry eraser before trying it on the actual quilt. It comes with a dry erase marker and a plastic tip to keep the pen 1/4" away from the edge of the ruler. That way it mimics how the machine will sew it.

You can check it out at www.customqt.com.

I also highly recommend DeLoa Jones' book "Sampler Solutions". She has awesome ideas for CC.

Thanks!

Michele

Yep. I am supporting my family with long arm quilting and I need all the help I can get. So I developed a ruler that would take the guess work out of ruler placement. Hence, the tabbed circles. I loved them so much that I decided to sell them to other quilters to make it easier for them too.

I did not go to MQS this year as I am a single mom and sometimes it is hard to get away.

I do all my own design work for the rulers. So if you want something unique, let me know and I can get it made for you.

Michele

I have the tabbed rulers, but have not really used them yet. I watched the demo at your booth at MQS year before last. Bought them. Then forgot how to use the. I know it is very difficult being a single mom...I did it for 8 years, so I feel for you. You really should - in your spare time :D - make a youtube video to remind us pea brains how to use these rulers...You made it look so easy, and I am sure it is...I just can't remember what to do.

Archived