NQR - 2nd Foot Surgery

Back to work today after my 2nd foot surgery. This one will take a little longer to heal. Dr removed a huge cyst from the ankle area and also a bone fragment from previous surgery to remove the seismond bone. I now have 2 incisions. Because the cyst was wrapped around the major nerve in the foot it will take a little longer to heal....the bottom of my foot is numb and lots of little electrical shocks going thru it.

Spent 10 days at home sitting on my front porch watching the birds and hand-stitching; back to work today and getting the TLC treatment. Looks like it will be a while before I'll be quilting again; maybe I'll be really inspired when I can get back at it. Being on crutches is no fun, but it could all be worse, so I'll just have to be patient!!!

Thanks to all of you for prayers.

Sharon.

Sharon,

I hope you have a speedy recovery! I have nerve damage on my right side from surgery on my lung. I hope your electrical shocks go away...they are no fun! Behave and do what you are allowed to do! I was told that you should expect the best in 3 months for the nerve. Whatever was left after that was what you would have for the rest of your life. Unfortunately after 5 years I still suffer from these electrical shocks (what a great way to describe them) and numbness on my right side, shoulder to elbow. The thing that drives me the most crazy is that while the area is numb somebody rubbing it will send me through the ceiling. Hubby still rubs my shoulder without thinking. It is so hard to describe to somebody who doesn't have this kind of nerve damage what it feels like. My doctor said there was nothing to do except pain management! No pills of me so I just live with it. I sure hope all of your tingling and numbness go away! Enjoy the TLC!

Sharon,

I wish you a speedy recovery. I know when my DH went through two ankle surgeries he had the strange tingles at the weirdest times. Even today when I massage the foot per the doctor, he still says that the tingles come and go. As the doctor said he knows the nerve is still active.

Maybe you can get a rolling chair and lower the table down to be able to quilt with moving the chair.

Or this may be the time do to hand applique.

Archived