Thanks to Connie in VA Beach!

Just wanted to send my thanks to our own Connie in Virginia Beach. Before our family vacation over the Fourth of July, Connie send me a list of Local Quilt Shops in the area. It was fabulous to have her personal notes and great contact info on each shop. I had my own personal Shop-Hop!

I got to five of the shops, spent too much but got great fabrics for a number of UFO's that will soon be finished! Caught some holiday sales too.

Connie you were so sweet to check in on me while I was on the road. The cell phone connection was very, very bad...felt like I missed every other word...it must have been all the bolts of fabric in the way!

Our APQS family is a treasure. I thank you again for your kindness...next time let's meet for lunch.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW New Jersey

Lisa, glad to help. I'm lucky to have many great shops in the Va Beach area. Sorry, we didn't get to meet but I was busy getting ready to go on vacation also. I'm in Gettysburg, PA and plan on getting a bunch of fabric before leaving tomorrow.

I too live in Virginia Beach, Pungo/Creeds section of the city. I'm hooked on this blog and all it's readings! I'm in the market to purchase my first long arm so I keep checking but in the meantime just getting ideas for peicing projects, and all sorts of other information. Today's best find, the info on Fabric Hut! LOL

You are an APQS dealer? Live in Red Mill by chance? If so, I do believe I'd corresponded with you before.

Hi.

Yes, I did go to WYSNS. A very busy shop. Seemed like a good class or quilt bee was in the works when I was there. Made me want to join in!

I felt like I hit the jackpot at Fabric Hut. Wow, there have a ton of fabric! A Different Touch was wonderful also. She is a Bernina dealer and had every foot and attachment made. I was impressed! One other was great...wish I could remember the name.

You are lucky to have so many shops. It was fun to visit them...I'll be back in a few months and get to do it again.

Lisa

Lisa, give a yell next time you come to town, we'll have lunch or coffee or something (Carol too). In the off season we can hit the shops in Hampton, Williamsburg and Newport News!!!!:cool:

Carol, yep I'm the APQS dealer here in VA Beach. I live in the Salem area. You're welcome to come by and play on my machine anytime. I love Fabric Hut and WYSNS. I teach at WYSNS but taking the summer quarter off. Have fun on the forum!!!

Hi Carole.

That shop did have a family feel...I walked into the big room on the right and everyone was chatting up a storm. It was nice.

I have never timed a visit right...I always miss that Hampton quilt show. I think it is run by Mancuso, who does many shows up here, so I did not think I was missing anything. But more and more I keep hearing about how good that show is! I'll have to see if I can arange something for next year so we can all hook up.

Hope you get your APQS soon...they are such fun!

Lisa

Lisa

Archived