Who made it?

OK, everyone...spill it. The acceptance notices were sent out for the Houston show this week. Whose quilts will we see hanging there in October?

Lynn Drennen has two quilts in the show: Her award winning Grape Harvest and also Ancient Memories. Can't wait to see them in person.

Jill Frazior's wonderful Rios (the round cowboy boots quilt that was posted here awhile back) will be there too.

And I was fortunate again this year. They accepted my Quilting Bee de los Muertos

and also A Cowboy's Prayer (AKA Cowboy Charlie featured on this site earlier this year).

Who else out there is doing the happy dance?

Nancy in Tucson

Hi Nancy!

I am so happy for you, and frankly not surprised your quilts made the Houston show. :)

I love love love your Cowboy's Prayer quilt. That one is my favorites. It's just lovely and tugs at my heart. It reminds me of my grandpa and my uncle Bob (both are real life cowboys). They would probably say things like this prayer.

And of course, I also love all of your "_(fill in the blank here)_ Dia de los Muertos" quilts. Quilting Bee is a hoot and so is your Swan Lake, among the other previous Dia de los Muertos quilts. Pretty soon you will have quite a trunk show collection.

I love you Nancy, and I am most proudest of you. Thanks for being so fun, so witty, so creative and so supportive. You are one cool chick.:cool:

Hi Nancy,

Congratulations!

Well, and I'm so very fortunate to have Shooting Stars (quilt) and Chocolate Orange Cocktail (garment) accepted as well!

Curious as I am, I'm waiting for the IQA people to post the list of finalist names...

Congrats to everybody whose entries got accepted!

Birgit

Congratulations, Birgit! I'll look forward to seeing your quilt and garment at the show. Will you be attending? And to Cheryl, last year my friend reminded me that my quilts would never get in if I didn't try to enter...like my husband who always talks about how he will spend the money when he wins the lottery but he never buys a ticket! I entered two and they were accepted so I decided to attend the show for the first time ever...what an inspiring experience. I took what I learned at the show and invested it into this year's quilts and, whoopie! The two I entered this year were accepted as well! Who says lightning doesn't strike twice? I encourage everyone to enter one of the big shows (Houston or Paducah). You'll never know until you try!

Thanks Deb, and Shana. I'm going to tell my kids that someone considers me a cool chick! You are so sweet and I'm quite grateful for this forum. It has provided me the opportunity to make some wonderful friendships over the past year! Thanks for your kind words.

Come on now, I know there must be a few more on the forum whose quilts will be shown at the Festival? Let's hear from you too! Best to all, Nancy in Tucson

Congrats Brigit!!! Way to go but then your quilt was certainly a show stopper and so was your garment. You certainly deserved to have the WORLD see them both so why not have them at the Festival.

Can't wait to hear how you did so let us know as soon as possible. I would vote for you that is for sure.....;)

Nancy,

I do plan to enter a show sometime. I am thinking that MQS "South of the Border" will be my first entry:D I do have my idea, just haven't started!

Your husband is right...if you don't try you won't ever get in. I, too, think it would be great to win the lottery (but I never play:o:P:P

Archived