CL Seven Treasures on a Patriotic Quilt

Vicki - The Millie rides lower on the table than a Gammill does. So you have to raise the machine up a tad. No big deal at all. Michael sends everything you need.

As for a learning curve on the templates ..just plop them down and go to work. Very similar to doing a panto but easier cause you can't make a mistake and your work is much smoother. The basic unit doesn't take long either. I was afraid of it at first (no real reason). Once I started using it, I found how easy it was. I keep it right by my longarm and use it all the time. Sometimes just on one area of a quilt. You will love it. When I retire, my CL is staying with me.

Georgene - it looks great! Do you have all the templates now? Do you have zigzag?

I just bought the system, and a note for Vicki - I just finished raising the machine myself! I was a bit scared, and I did need my son to help me to hold the back when I put the back wheels back on the rim, but it was pretty easy - just pay close attention to the instructions. I also had my son help me with the leveler and quilt top rollers because they need to be raised as well. I was pretty proud of myself. My DH was away and I just didn't want (couldn't) wait until he got home!

I bought the swirls and the zigzag. I really grappled with what I wanted - I love the baptist fan and clam shells - but those will have to wait. I got the basic unit as well and a feathers template. I am going to spend some time this week to 'play' before putting on a customer quilt.

Vicki,

I don't have all the templates, but close.

The templates you chose are great. I've used the waves and zig zag design on many quilts, often alone....just one pass on each line of either the wave or zig zag. I've also used it for crosshatching. It's very versatile.

Thank goodness for the easy payment plan, because I know more templates are in my future.

Archived