Quilt retreat in Mid Michigan!!!

Hi everyone!!! You got me started bragging and now I have something else to tell you!!!

I have been planning a retreat. In June, my new guild, The Howell Melon Patchers, went to The Springs Retreat Center in Gladwin, MI. It is a fantastic facility with well lit spacious sewing areas, comfy, cozy hotel style sleeping rooms-(2 double beds and a private bath), & last but not least;:):) 3 delicious meals prepared by the staff . All the particulars are on my website and my facebook!! I feel sooo 21st century!!

The retreat is Nov. 9th-13th, 2009 (4nites & 12 meals)

The price is $255.

The bonus is that Karen McTavish made room in her schedule to teach 3 classes for me at the retreat. :D The fees for those is separate so if you want to just finish your Christmas projects ---or start a new one you can!!! You only pay the $255.

Check it out and of you have questions ask away!!!!;)

Are you throwing in a free snow storm too? With Michigan temperatures below normal this year, a November retreat could get pretty exciting if you are snow bound. I grew up in Michigan and can still remember driving from Detroit to Sault Ste. Marie in a blizzard. Good luck Debbie. Your enthusiasm is exciting. Chop some wood.

Vicki

Debbie,

I took the new owners class from you a while back. I have an Ultimate II. At the moment I cannot get it to work... it keeps skipping stitches and thread breaking. But anyway

if you have any insight on this I would appreciate it. I already talked to Dawn Cavanaugh and am trying to check for burrs on the hook. I will be working on that this weekend. Anyway my question is....... The retreat looks like a lot of fun but I would not be able to get off of work for a whole week. Is it possible to just take a class from Karen McT. or do you have to attend the entire retreat to take a class?

Shawn

Oakland, MI

Hey Vicki..you've been in AZ too long! I took my new owners class last Dec in MI and drove from Akron, OH to Stevensville in 4 1/2 hours! Yes it was cold and we had some snow but not bad...of course I'm used to the lake effect that we get! :)

Enjoy the summer heat..I'm in MT now and it's 54 degrees!! No fires though..yipee!!

Debbie,

I got my machine running again. Not exactly sure which of the things I did corrected the problem but the important thing is it is running.....

I have a question for you about the retreat

The retreat looks like a lot of fun but I would not be able to get off of work for a whole week. Is it possible to just take a class from Karen McT. or do you have to attend the entire retreat to take a class?

Shawn

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun.

Unfortunately I will not be able to come this year as my daughter is getting married on the 14th of November. She might just be a little put out at me if I went to a retreat the week before her wedding. Could you please keep me in mind for future retreats. I am game on attending one anywhere. I LOVE RETREATS.

Archived