ultimate xx problems

I just purchased my first long arm and I am so excited. It is a Ultimate XX. When I went to look it over and for a test run the machine stitched beautifully with no problems.

I went all the way to central Georgia for it. I live in Pensacola, it was a long round trip from 4 a.m. until 8 p.m.

Now the but, when I got it home and finally assembled it will not stitch, the needle would go up and down but not make a stitch. Sooo, I take the manual out and try to find the culprit. I check the how far the needle when down in the bobbin case. The needle would not go down any farther than the point into the case. Okay, the manual said to loosen the screw on the front and lower the needle bar. Did that, except the screw would not tighten back and therefore would not clamp back onto the bar. I suppose I should call Amy Monday and order another one.

I suppose my question to you girls is, is there anything else that will cause the machine to not make stitches. I will have to wait until I get another Stud Link.

Hi Sue

One thing you could check is that there isn't any thread wrapped around the thumbwheel.

Looking at the machine head from the front (needle end) on the right side you have the thread tensioner and above it the thumbwheel which goes through to the opposite side. Take off the cover on the opposite side to the thread tensioner and look at the thumbwheel, there might be thread caught in the gold discs that are stopping the needle from lowering.

If you are still having trouble with getting the needlebar screw in tightly, you might find it easier with this cover off too.

Good luck

sue in australia

Sue,

This may seem like a really basic suggestion, but make sure the speed dial on the side of the machine is turned up from zero. If it's on the zero, the sewing motor won't kick in. Use that knob to adjust the motor speed. It functions like a foot pedal...the farther you go up the number scale, the faster the machine sews.

Archived