discovered something. Is this a fluke?

Heidi,

No, when I called the distributor and asked, they said they weren't sending samples. So, I guess they don't want my business! :D I hear it is not as lofty as the Hobbs anyway, so I'll stick with Hobbs for now. ( and the QD I buy)

Yes, the roll is not as scratchy as the prepackaged. But I love the way it quilts up and drapes. I figure, once it is in the quilt you won't feel the scratchy anyway. I don't get pokey problems with it, only occasionally and it is usually caused by the backing. I get more pokies with W&N.

Patty thanks for the feedback.

LinneaMarie - let me know how you like it. Which QD is it thinner than? I had to come to work today so since I can't quilt I come here to see what's going on in the world. By the way I think we need a new law on the books - if your spouse gets the day off you should too! :mad::mad::mad: It was very hard to get up and come to work this morning!

:P:P:P:P Heidi!! I felt that way when my DH and son got a snow day from school; but I still had to go to work!!:mad:

It feels thinner than the Quilters Dream Select. It does feel very nice and soft though. I'll be pairing it with a flannel top and back. I'll post a new topic and let you know.

I am at Market and I picked up a sample of Pellon's battings. What they are handing out feels really nice. They are small cut, probably 10 inch squares and they also have a sample card. I really want to get some of their black 70/30. I walked around rubbing it for quick a while after I got it. It feels great! And they are going to have it available in a 9 yard bolt.

Archived