Kudos to Circle Lord!!

Kelly

Sorry about that, I'm using my daughters computer. I love my new Circle Lord!! I didn't figure that I would ever be smart enough to figure it out. I love it!! I am so glad that I went ahead and spent the extra money on it. I would definately advise getting one of these dodads!! Thankyou Michael for all your help and a great product. I will be looking forward to ordering more templates from you in the near future!!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I just bought a CL at MQX in Manchester a couple of weeks ago, and now am trying to figure out where to find the time to put it together. I'm a single mom, so I have little time and no male muscle, so tell me this -- is it complicated? I'm terrified I'm going to screw up the whole machine by trying to take it apart, and I'll take the wrong things off and put it on backwards or upside down ... help! I just need somebody to tell me, hey, no sweat, it's a breeze. ??? :D

Gina in Massachusetts

The CL ws an easy thing to install but I did have to raise the leveler bar when I raised the machine carriage. Have a friend over to help you with that part. You can do it alone but it is always easier and less time consuming with a little help. It's really a lot of fun and I did an entire quilt with 9 patch blocks with the CL. I'm not send pix because my stuff isn't good enough yet. I bought the ginko which I was talked into and it's my favorite, the starz, diagonal lines (18") and got the basic. The ginko has an unbelievable amount of variations with it.

Is it really easy? I shouldn't admit to it, but I've had mine for about 7 weeks and I'm not sure.... it'still in the box. Came close one day, then I read about raising the leveler bar. I'm busy with graduation quilts and can't afford to be down.... (Hi Cynthia!)

I'm sure I screwed up this reply too. So sorry. I just can not get used to this computer!! Yes, it is really easy. I haven't even adjusted my leveler bar and am using my CL. Please don't hesitate using it anymore. I was extremely scared of the idea of something new, but heck, look at the amount of money we spent on it!! I just finished on quilt that I only used CL on. Fun, fun, fun!! I do not regret spending that money and can't wait to buy more templates. I only started with the Gingko and the Spiral besides the basics. I would definately buy the Gingko, not so sure about the spiral, but have used it. Goodluck!! I am the biggest cheapskate there is, but this was a good use of money.

Kelly

Mille owner

And it only gets better from here. In addition to the great designs with the Ginko and Spiral templates, the Giant Clams, Baptist Fan (both sizes), and Zig Zag templates are awesome too. These are the long templates that fit on the back table. I use my CL templates all of the time and couldn't tell you which is my favorite. My clients love the designs and they have really cut down on the time it takes me to complete a quilt. Have you tried the crosshatch template? Wow! Another great one. They are all so easy to use and I agree with you Kelly, well worth the money I spent.

Don't stress over the installation . . . it's not hard at all. I did have to raise my take up bar but it wasn't difficult. Invite a friend over for coffee and go for it. Michael is a dear and just a phone call away if you need some help. You will be amazed at how wasy they are to use and I know you will love them as much as I do.

Happy Quilting.

Guest Linda S

Oh just go and give it a try! You do have to raise your machine head slightly, but as far as installing it, it's a SNAP! I LOVE my Circle Lord. I have lots of the regular templates, but recently got the King Zig Zag from someone who was selling their machine and then bought the King Double Baptist Fan at MQX. Cha-Ching! You can quilt things very fast indeed with this wonderful tool. And, when you want to take things slow and do a perfect job, you can do it with the Circle Lord too. It's awesome!

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

is the circle Lord the thing that comes with the Hartley Fence to make different size circles or is it something else? We used it on a cheater quilt that I did for my first quilt on the millenium after we got it set up. We attached the little connection bar to the machine while it was upside down before we put it on the frame. Have not tried the diagonal part yet. I did three quilts so far on the Millenium. The second was SID with some designs in blocks, the last one was an all over meander that came out pretty good for me. Now I am doing another radiant star and want it to be good. I attached the extended base and want to sid and do some echo around the blocks I embroidered with my SE. I don't want to ruin this one. I don't have too much time this week as I have to alter six formals for a customer who is going on a cruise. Also have another lady that wants me to make her MU MUs using an old tattered one for a pattern. It never rains it pours.

Archived