CQ upgrade and touch screen

Sue E.

Okay, here it is Sunday afternoon and I've been patiently waiting to hear from everyone who attended MQS regarding the CQ upgrade and the touch screen.

I understand the upgrade has some really neat features like being able to take a motif or a repeat design and turn it into a "wreath." I also understand there is a touch screen that rides along a rail above our frames (this is fairly expensive though).

I don't do "patiently" very well, so please, please someone post all the gossip and pictures as I am really having a hard time visualizing this new touch screen.:D

Waiting very "impatiently" in Scottsdale,

Hi Sue,

The touch screen is just like the dell you have now in size. Instead of mouse you touch to make changes. Whe you need to change a number you have a calculator box like that pops up for you to enter the numbers. Its cool

The overhead system RAIL is $1600. Too pricey for me but really cool.

The upgrades are awesome and are much needed improvements. I understand that on MONDAY you can download the UPGRADE. I will comment more after I have had a chance to move about in it.

The Layout screen is with the Setup screen now. You can choose a Motif and make it a wreath of how ever many you want repeated. Some cool stuff.

MQS was fun and I learned alot. I am however glad to get home. It was a long week. Some nice quilts to see. I met some wonderful quilters and made Lasting friendships. I'm glad I had that experience.

Tammie, thanks for telling me this. I still don't quite understand how the touch screen moves along with you. I have a 14' table and I sure don't want to have to walk back and forth to use the screen (and it is expensive).

I can't wait to download the program and start playing.:D

Sue they designed a track that runs along the topof machine and you simply can slide the screen from one end to the other and have it in front of you wherever you are on the top. Sorta like the overhead lighting rails but lower. The back of the compter is attached and there is a railroad track system that it glides on but it is manual. You simply relocate it at you move on the quilt. It is not attached to the rails of your machine but has its own legs to stand. Picture an overhead shelve running from left to right above the head of your machine and having legs to floor. It is neat but too pricey for me. As far as the touch screen you can purchase your own from dell or other manufacture. I have not looked at what they cost yet.

We (Country Lane Quilting) are currently having the first CompuQuilter with touch screen and overhead track installed, will be finished tomorrow. We will also have a 7-ft show table with the touch screen and overhead track for shows since we are a CompuQuilter Dealer. We are using a Freedom for the head.

The CompuQuilter with the touch screen is up and running here at Country Lane. The changes in the software are designed to operate the touch screen. If any one wants to come by our studio and play with the system just email or call and we will set up a time for you to come by and visit.

Originally posted by Melody

Has anyone got the upgrade yet? Its Tuesday morning and I have not seen anything in my email. Sue, I don't do patiently well either. LOL

Melody, I just checked the website and the upgrade hasn't been posted yet. I originally heard it would be posted sometime today and notices would be going out on Wednesday. I can't wait:cool:

John -

I wish you were closer! I am very exciting about working with the CQ and

seeing first hand how and what it does (ok, playing with it!).

I was VERY dissapointed when I drove up to the Dulth show last year, for

this reason mainly, and no CQ set-up! It wasn't the same thing looking

over at the Gammill and their set-up. I just don't like the sound of those

machines, to tin-like sounding.

The last 2 times I have been down in Des Moines, no set-up there either.

I would like to have another machine and one with the CQ to rent out to

customers, but I am a Hands-on person - must see it and use it first!

P.S. - thanks again for your help over the Easter weekend - you were just

GGGGGGGGGreat~!

Judi:

Glad to be of help to you. I wish you were closer also (We love Minnesota). You are welcome to visit our studio here in Lee's Summit. We have the only overhead and touch screen outside of Stan and Dee Dee's to my knowledge. We also have a barely used CompuQuilter for a Millie for sale on consignment. It has made 3 or 4 small quilts and still has several months of warrantee left. Price $12,500 including delivery set-up and lessons. This is a savings of over $1000. If we can be of service let us know. We are just learning to use it ourselves.

John

Archived