The Black Quilt

For those who have been listening to me whine about the black quilt, you can see several pictures of it on my blog - http://sunshinequilts.blogspot.com

It was two of the large cones (3,000 yards) of the black thread that I used and honestly, it just doesn't show up on the black fabric. I thought about using variegated thread or even a dark gray but I talk about all that on the blog and won't type it all out again here.

Even without the quilting showing up as much as I had hoped, I love how it turned out.

gosh, Judy, it's just beautiful! Too bad the quilting doesn't show up more but YOU know it's there, right? Love the color combinations and thanks for the tip on the Michael Miller black fabric.

Was also reading your blog and agree on Sherri's new feather book. It got me started on formal feathers which I was too scared to try before!

Sara

LOVE the quilt! Awesome work - well worth it! Those colors work together

so well, and it is just beautiful! I can't image what other "handwork" you

still need to do on this one, unless it is just the binding. I do look forward

to seeing more!

To me when I looked at it, I saw a cross coming out of a star in the blocks.

But thats just my minds eye.

P.S. I would like to see a close-up of the quilt you are now using for your

photo. Sorry to see you smilen' face not there, but I do like that quilt too!

Is that quilt someplace on your website?

Judy:

I don't know why, but when I look at your beautiful quilt, I think of Medieval times and some handsome black clad knight. Go figure..... too active imagination.

Just finished reading your blog about copyrights. Whew! You voiced my opinion exactly. Don't mean to bring it up again, but thanks for voicing your opinion so eloquently.

Your quilt is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,

Donna

Beautiful quilt . . . and to think that you are a good writer too! I love your blog. As for a name, my mind was going in the same direction as Caron. How about "Starry Night"? And if you get that cabin in the woods, it will be those starry nights that will keep you from being afraid.

Thank you for sharing your work. You are a great inspiration for me.

Happy Quilting,

Archived