Need help with edgeriders

I have read and re-read but I must be missing something. I am installing the first of the eight wheels. It says to put one washer on top and one below the wheel. Well, then its the wrong hight for the sensor to fit in there. If I put that big round thing on that was on with the black wheels, then it is still at the wrong hight for the sensor. I'm not sure what to do. I really want to get these things on. I left a message with Patty.

Jessica

Jessica,

My husband installed mine so I can't help but I wonder if you have the new instructions. I got mine a few weeks ago and the old instructions were still in the package. If you go to the Edgerider site there are updated ones that you can download. I think Patty rewrote the original directions.

Good luck,

Sue

Originally posted by Butterfly

The narrow part where the arrow is should be pointing at three o'clock. Right? Just want to make sure.

are you standing at the front of the machine? The narrow part should be at 9:00. this puts the screw hole farther away from the rail and allows you to get the bolt into the cam hole.

Then adjust it the proper placement for movement.

Jessica, my hubby suggest that you remove the cam by lifting it out of the hole, try to thread the bolt into the cam, if that fits and is not the problem, then

slide the bolt with wheel and washers in place hold the bolt over the cam and screw the cam onto the bolt. Do not turn the bolt, turn the cam, you will have better control.

Originally posted by Butterfly

I just tried one of the old bolts. I can't do it. I don't know what to do. My hand hurts and I'm afraid I'm going to damage these nice new wheels.

Jessica

Jessica. Try what Monika suggested, but also try to prop the machine up a bit higher. the back of the machine is heavier than the front and is putting more down pressure on the supports. This may get it in the right position to get that cam onto the bolt.

Are you using a socket wrench on the bolt and an open wrench on the cam?

I had many problems too. We almost killed each other with those darn things!! Be careful, they strip out real easy. I almost stripped one. Thankfully, my DH has a "chaser"; it is used the rethread the hole. He cleaned it out with that and then he got it threaded correctly. I was putting it in crooked.

This conversation sounds a little naughty, doesn't it!

My hearing might be going, but there is nothing wrong with my mind!! It's still in the gutter!:P:P:D:P:P

Archived