Square Dance Giant Temples Question

srichardson

I am trying to use a CL giant template for the first time. I have stitched the two rows of the Square Dance template but I am having difficulty lining up the next row. I am probably being rather dense but is there any easy way to do this accurately? I bought several templates used and they didn't come with instructions, perhaps they are self explanatory but I just don't get it!

Thanks in advance.

Sue

CIRCLE LORD

SQUARE DANCE - STAR DANCE

INSTRUCTIONS

-Lay all pieces of template on back bed of machine. Place male inserts over

female slots and push gently, but firmly together. All pieces are interchangeable.

-Center for quilt to be done.

-Lay along back edge of table.

-For tables with edges, you can use cut paint stir sticks and use them on the

bottom to position the template more to the front.

You can also tape the pieces to table along the edge of Template as guides.

-Tape corners and edges with carpenter tape enough to hold firmly.

-If you have Velcro on the table you can put the other side on the

template

-You can put Wal-Mart rubber non-skid shelf liner under to hold in place. “Easy Liner”

--After you have practiced you will see that you can run your machine

at good speed on the straight sections. Slow to a stop at the corners to

prevent pleating at corners.

-Use Peak point at tip of arrow, in start row, to align next pair of rows. When the stylus is in the Peak point, advance the fabric until the needle is over the last line stitched. Then lift the stylus, and start the next row at either end of the quilt. Because the fabric moves when you quilt it, you should check the distance between the rows at several Peak points along the template

Fudge your fabric back and forth for maximum fitting. It is different for each machine.

START by lining bottom straight line groove with bottom edge of quilt. Then stitch

the outer set of peaks continuously, and then go back and to the inner set. Then move

up and do the next 2 rows. Then advance fabric with stylus in grove at arrow point to

align for next set of rows.

Sorry, I can't put up the drawing.

Please write me and I will email you the instructions.

Cheers,

MIchael

Sue,

How is it going? I am interested in that pattern also.

Hope it works out well for you. I am sure with Michael "at your side", you'll master it in no time! So far, I have found the first time with a CL template is a bit awkward, then you get it and it is as easy as pie!

Good luck!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NW NJ

Hi Lisa,

I haven't yet tried out the template with Michael's instructions but I am sure that they will solve my problem. I want to try it on a philanthropy quilt from my guild. I thought that it would be a quick and easy way once I get the hang of things. I was doing pretty well on my trial piece until I advanced! I was impressed with how quickly Michael jumped in. I finished reading his instructions here and discovered that there was also a copy complete with picture sitting in my e-mail in box. Great customer service.

Sue

Archived