Quilting supplies at Hancocks

I was at Hancock Fabrics yesterday - this is the store found all across the country, NOT Hancocks of Paducah. I discovered they will honor Joanns coupons, so that was a help for my purchase! That may apply only in those markets where Joanns is a competitor. They have Maxi Lock Swirls and I know there has been a lot of discussion both pro and con relating to this thread. The price is retail, not wholesale, but if someone is looking for it, you might find what you need at the store. I haven't used the thread yet and purchased one cone with a Joanns coupon to try on my community quilts.

Also, I found Fairfield 100% wool batting at the store. Price is $16.99/yard for 90" wide batting. Have any of you used this batting and what do you think about it? It was 40% off so I purchased enough for one quilt to give it a try.

I though I would pass this on if anyone is interested.

Come on down to Virginia Bonnie, we have both. Our Hancock's stores weren't affected by their re-organization last summer!!! I really hope they survive. I get a lot of my stuff from them, especially rotary cutters, matts, blades, etc, when they have their 50% off sales which are often. Love their fleece also.

Archived