WHO IS GOING TO INNOVATIONS 2006

INNOVATIONS 2006, Is in Tacoma Wa. in Sept. 20-23

I already have my cataloge, there are so many classes to choose from, I don't know were to begin.

I'm not good enough to enter anything into the quilt show, but I can't wait to see those beautiful art pieces.

I hope to meet some of you folks, & I really must meet Sue Patten & give her a big hug, she did such a wonderful job in getting my Milli. "Gracie" to me, & a she's a great chat on the phone too.

Hi Geraldine. My daughter lives in Tacoma, only a few blocks away from the convention center where Innovations is going to be at. It is an opportunity I can't pass up. I signed up last week and am really excited about it.

I've only been machine quilting since last October anywhere from 5-10 hours a week. Innovations has a category for quilting less than a year. This will be the one and only time that I can enter a quilt in that category, so I've decided to bite the bullet and do it. I don't expect to win anything, but will get the experience of entering a quilt in a contest and best of all get the judges comments.

I'm posting some pics of the quilt in another topic. Look for the topic of Salt Water Taffy to see the pics. :)

Debbi

It sure would be nice to see you there and meet you in person! Last year I got to meet so many new APQSers. Most memorable though was Linda Steller with her PURPLE clogs! We saw each other passing on the escalator. I saw those shoes a mile away!

I'll be there. Hope to see you there too!

Hi Everyone. I have my catalogue for Innovations too. Got the privilege of visiting with Cindy Roth at the Longarm University a week ago. What a gracious and warm lady.

I am trying to figure out which classes we newbies should for sure take. There are so many.

Geraldine and Debbie, are you going for all four days? Not sure I can get the time off but will work on it. Look forward to meeting you. What an exciting time this is.

Bekah

Bekah,

I will be there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I loaded up with classes all three days. Since I'm pretty new to longarm quilting, I focused on 3 things in the classes I chose:

1. Basic drawing & creating my own freehand designs.

2. Background fillers.

3. Making my business more efficient and profitable.

I did choose the Wholecloth of a Different Color class because I have a wholecloth class with Karen McTavish here in Des Moines in July. It seemed like a good follow up to Karen's class.

I hope to see you there. Maybe in some of the same classes!!

Debbi

There are so many classes to choose from, Sue made some sugestions and I plan to take her class on Fri at 3:30 & the class by Mark on machine maintenance for APQS LA's. on Fri at 10:30. It's hard to pick, I could go to a class every day all day, but then I wouldn't see the shows or demos, or check out any of the cool stuff, I'll be on the hunt for panno's & all the other stuff I can't live with out.

This will be first LA. convention, & I'm so new I squeek, so I hope to stay for the full 4 days, but that will be a matter of money, the more I spend on hotel, the less I'll have to spend on all the before mentioned cool stuff.

Gosh I can hardly wait.

Hay Deb, will you be staying with your daughter, it would be great if you could save the cost of the hotel, & kick back with your girl at the same time. Lucky duck.

Guest Linda S

Ah, how I wish I could go this year. :( I've had an abscessed tooth for the past couple of weeks and they will pull it tomorrow. Then comes the huge expense of paying for an implant. I'll be quilting my fanny off for that -- probably won't be able to afford the trip to Innovations this year. I'll have to stay home and quilt in my purple clogs! ;) Hopefully, I'll have a quilt or two there for you to look at though.

Linda

I have marked my catalogue all kinds of pretty colors and find I need to be at least 3 different people:P.

I am even thinking of taking my tent and staying at a campground so I can stay longer and go to more classes. HaHa.

Geraldine I'm even newer than you, I am so new I can't even squeek. Still in the hope to see my Millie soon stage.

I also thought about renting a RV and seeing if anyone would like to share the cost of staying in it at the RV park. Course I probably first should ask my DH and get his permission. (this being a responsible grown up is challenging sometimes)

Pat what a wonderful excuse to visit your daughter. hope to see you there. Linda, I am sorry I am going to miss your purple clogs. My husband would love you. He only wears purple. We even have purple hoses for our yard:D

I would love to see your husband Bekah wearing purple and watering the yard with a purple hose! Linda, You'll have to post a picture of your clogs for her to see!

On page 2 of your catalog there is information for the room mate coordinator. You couldn't go wrong staying with a quilter even if it is someone you don't know. Could save you money. Here is the email: SharonS0901@sbcglobal.net You could also find someone here on the chat to share expenses with. Many freinds have been made here!

Also, on page 16 of the catalog there is a list of beginner classes.

Debbi, you'll love Karen. She is an incredible teacher!

Mark's class will give you so much confidence, you won't be afraid to handle anything on your own.

Sue is fantastic as well! Great choices. Pam Clark is great too. Her technique's are great time savers and beautiful too!

Linda, we will miss seeing you! It is always nice to have familiar faces around when your far from home! Hope your tooth gets better FAST!

Hello all - I also am a newby who hasn't met her Millie, but will this next week. Can hardly wait. I think that I would like to go to Innovations, but I'm sooo new that I don't even know what it is or how to find out about it. Could someone help me out with a web site to go to? Also, I would be willing to split some costs and share a room and even transportation from the Willamette Valley area. Is there anyone out there interested in that? My DH says I don't snore!!! Thanks for any help.

PattyJo:D

Hi PattyJo, How exciting that you get to meet Millie this week. I will be aweek behind you.

the website for Innovations is www:mqinnovations.com. My DH says he is going too!! HaHa. this from the man who wouldn't even test drive the machine. I have a feeling I will be having to sign up for time so I can quilt.LOL

If he should decide not to go, I would love to share expenses. I am not sure how many days I get to stay yet. give me a call so we can at least take some of the classes together.

I just found out that my darling DH will also be away :mad: (on a training exercise, for a new job) during the same time as the convention, so now I either have to PON my little boys off onto some unsupecting relative or stay home. I'm going to work at it though, why does everything I want, have to be difficult. :(

Money is tight but I want to go for all 4 days, I was going to take 4 classes a day, but the DH thought that I may fry my brain with that much info comeing in such a short time, let alone see any of the convention so I cut it back to 3 classes (if I get them all if/when I sign up).

I hope to go & meet some of you LAr's in person

wish me luck on the kid Ponning thing !!;)

Thanks

• 1 month later...

O.K. I did it~~~~~:D~:cool:~~~~~~~~~~

I've booked my flights, classes. hotel & even found myself a room-mate to share costs. I found those unsupecting relatives to take the kids. So I'm all-ready to go , I can't wait, I decided to go for the whole 4 days as I'm not likely to see another class for a good long time, so I'll have to get the most that I can at this convention. I only thing that go wrong now is if I or one of the boys gets sick (knock wood), & that beter not happen :mad:

I'm not sure I could take that.

I'm thinking of entering a quilt into the "I've only had my machine for less than year catagory" I have until Aug. 21 to get going on that, I guess I'll not be able to do that again next year.

I really want to go to check out this machine you're all talking about! But I will be just returning from Vermont...I'm going to Bennington to see the Jane Stickle Quilt in the museum there and my group of stitchers will have a special exhibit in their quilt show. Vermont in the fall...can't wait! I'm counting on all of you to gain some new techniques to share with the rest of us (The teacher in me again) and I'll take pics and share, too!

Geraldine,

Congratulations on getting everything set for Innovations. :D

It is still a slim possibility for me. (seems to be getting slimmer every day) but I certainly wish you the best time ever. You will have to be sure and share with all of us when you get back.

I think you should enter a quilt. the first one you posted was really good for a newbie. Guess we maybe shouldn't call you that any more. Keep us posted on your decision.

Bekah

Thanks Bekha:

How are you feeling & how's the DH ? :(are all his boo boo's healed up yet ?

Is your floor in yet?

Have you got'tin that Milli unpacked yet?

I'm dieing to hear your first impresstions on the Milli. I'm were WoW is she ever big, :o & it's harder & easier than I though. ;)

I've got me fingers crossed that you'll find a way to come to the convention, if not maybe next year.

BTW Have you had a look at some of the stuff on the web pages, it's going be a long long time before I'll be anything other than a NEWBIE, some of those quilts are incredable,

Let us know when you have the Milli up and running.

I hope to meet some of you folks at the convention.

See you there:D

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie also. I can't afford the trip to Tacome Wa, but was wondering if any of these classes would be offered at the Houston International Market Show. I live in a suburb of Houston and could deal that the traffic for a few good classes. I'm like dtreusch, I need

Basic drawing & creating my own freehand designs, background fillers and making my business more efficient and profitable.:(

Hi All,

Thanks to the wonderful people at APQS, I can talk too! I'm going to Innovations, this will be my second year, but only first one to take classes. I got my Millie in April, and have loved nearly every minute of our time together. I'm sorry to hear that (name removed) won't be up at Tacoma this year, I feel liked I learned so much for her in class earlier this month.

Here's hoping to put names to faces for many of you, and to let you know in person how much I appreciate your help, support and ideas.

Quiltbee43, If you go to www.quilts.com you can pull up the Houston catalogue.

The longarm classes are listed all together in one section as well as in the section with all the other classes. The first page you pull up has an index so you can go directly to the longarm section. They have lots of classes.

Anne

Guest Linda S

Dang! I really wish I could be there, but unless I win the lottery (something that can't happen if I don't buy a ticket!) I won't be able to make it. Too much life happening here, from needing a dental implant to having to make an extra house payment. And then there's the car insurance coming due and the business insurance, and property taxes, and . . . Well, you get the idea. I'm still planning on MQX in the spring and will hope to see you all at Innovations in 2007.

Linda

Thank you Leslie Anne. I will check it out. I have been doing work on my Millie for customers, but have done very little free hand work. Most of what I have been doing is the pantos. I wish I had the creativity some of you women have been blessed with. I need inspiration from others. I am growing and determined to get better and better. I understand it takes practice and believe me, my friends are appreciating my practice on their quilt tops. I have also purchased inexpensive fabric to quilt on and will be donating it to the Star of Hope Mission in Houston. Star of Hope is near the George R. Brown where the Quilt Festival is booked. When I go for the show I will swing by the mission and donate the quilts. They really need things like that in the winter. At least all my practice is going for a worthy cause.

Archived