It Worked!!!

Remember I was having so much trouble with the thread breaking every inch or so? So I took everyones advise and did what you said to do and you know what worked? A new spool of thread! I tried everything then I went to JoAnn's and bought some cotton thread brought it home and it worked! I love my maching again. Now how should I store the thread? Right now I have it in a plastic drawer.Thanks for all your ideas and help.:):):):):)

Originally posted by DoryJM

I buy those thread covers from Superior, keep them in them and in a plastic drawer. I will be hanging them on a pegboard when I move my studio though--the thread is just too pretty to hide. They'll still have the plastic wraps though.

This is also what I do when its a thread I use often...the other ones go into a plastic bin to be forgotten and then I wonder where I put it...:P;)

The very first thing I do when I'm having suspected thread problems is...Sewer's Aid. That stuff is awesome! Many times it's saved a cone from the trash...or a few bad words :mad:

My threads also hang on a pegboard - I agree they're just too pretty to hide :) I originally bought those covers from Superior, then ran out and found the Baggie's sandwich bags are large enough to put over the biggest cone (which Superior's aren't) and they keep out the dust. Works like a charm...and ever so cheap...and available :)

Debbie in Austin

Usually if you can break the thread with your hands with no effort it won't work on the longarm. I don't recommend Maxilock, because it's so linty. The lint gets in between the flap on the bobbin case and will mess with your tension until it's cleaned. It also makes your bobbin area very dirty and you start to get a grindy sound.

I suggest you use Superior So Fine and not just any thread. You will have a lot less breakage and tension problems. I use it on top and bottom. I also like Lava from Superior.

Most embroidery threads that are rayon or polyester can work on the longarm, they work best if they are on cones.

Archived