I've put this one off long enough! (pics)

Hi all,

I have looked at this one for 2 weeks, I am usually not so indecisive. We need something nice in the setting blocks. At first it was suggested to mirror the blocks, but I think that is beyond me as far as all the ruler work and getting them perfect. I am afraid on the white every little inconsistency would be obvious. So then I thought feathers, but I think that is too formal. Sherry Rodgers taught me the rosebud wreath, but she doesn't want too floral.

HELP!!!!!!

Lately I put circles and spirals in the setting blocks of a quilt using my circle lord and it came out great...not sure if it would be appropriate here since it really gives it a more contemporary look.

Mine turned out great!!!...and the customer loved it!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

at A Quilter's Faire I saw a qult that was a plain white block with sun bonnet sue in the alternating blocks that was cross hatched. It looked wonderful. The quilter whose quilt it was said she was surprised that it had turned out so good but was glad that she had not used anything else. she said it was a real stretch to do so much cross hatching. Just a thought to pass along. it was what I thought of when I first looked at your quilt. Being the new kid on the block it is hard to give suggestions.

Bekah

I just finished a quilt with quite a bit of white in it. I don't like my quilting to be predominant in the quilt. My client had marked a stencil in the snowball blocks and I quilted the entire quilt with white cotton thread on top and So Fine on the back. To my surprise, if her marking wasn't there, the quilting wouldn't have shown very much. She also had two borders of the white. I feathered the wider border and it didn't show that much. I wouldn't be afraid of the white. I normally use So Fine on my tops, but this definately looked like an heirloom quilt so wanted to kind of stay with the old-fashioned look. Goodluck!! Every quilt is a learning situation isn't it?

Kelly

Mille owner

Caron,

What about some crosshatching in the plain white squares. Not too fancy and still traditional enough to stay with the star pattern.

I do like the idea of mirroring the star in the plain blocks, but it would be a pain for sure.

Teresa

www.chickenscratchquilting.com

Archived