Stripped hand brake knobs?? 2/17/10 Update in first post

Anyone have a problem with this? When I look at them, I can see the threads are not 'right'. I can no longer turn mine enough to stop the rollers from moving. Hopefully, I can get new ones....I'll give them a call tomorrow, but just thought I would ask.

I don't think I have overtightened them...but maybe that is my problem..??

UPDATE: picked up new and improved brakes last night, installed them this morning...THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE $$!! Cost for two sets is @$80... Quilting will be much more joyful now! Just a flip of the lever and you are good to go. I am told these are similar to the braking system on the Millie...

Dara, Amy or Christie will be able to help you. Is it the red piece that is splitting? I'm not exactly sure what you mean is stripped. If you are still under warranty, you should be covered.

FYI - they have come out with a new brake system for Lenni which is similar to the brake on a Millenium. The cost is low to change to this new brake, I think around $39.00 or $49.00. Don't remember exactly the price.

Hi Judy

There are no plans to add the power advance to the Lenni table.

The upgrade tension blocks for Lenni are sold as a set of two pairs. That is it takes two pieces to secure the backing and quilt top roller together and another pair to hold the pickup roller and the levelling bar. Each pair clamps together to stop the rollers from moving, then a handle on the blocks is lifted when you want to roll on and then pushed back down to keep the rollers from moving.

Hope that is clear.

You can order directly from APQS to save on postage.

Sue

Thanks for that info. My hand brake knobs are holding up well, so I'll probably stick with them for the moment. Though I do have a birthday coming up mid year ... !

I've just ordered the Quiltazoid, so have blown all my money!

Why do they keep coming up with these toys - I just can't resist!

Regards,

Judy Smith

Hi Judy

I don't know why they keep tempting us with these little must haves - but its nice to treat ourselves.

Happy birthday coming up soon. I just had mine a few days ago - 39 - again!!!

Something nice to treat yourself might be Pre Design the software drawing programme. Its addictive and you save heaps on patterns if you have it.

Also I just got some new toys that I haven't had a chance to try yet. they are clamps to replace pinning - at least on the backing roller. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to load a quilt and play.

Archived