Magnifyer

Okay, to be honest...It works very well, but it does take some getting use to because when you attach it to your handles, you get the very slight vibration. Shana said that she uses magnifyer glasses - I think that you purchase at Wal-Mart or a drug store. That might be a better idea because it doesn't vibrate...unless you dance while you are quilting, which I know some do ;) I don't have a problem with the clip on the handle style. But you can think about it.

Just my two cents

I played with this magnifying glass as well as the one attached to the innova while I was in Houston. I did not like the machine vibration which caused it to move while quilting. I much prefer either the head magnifer or the ott lite magnifer with the long neck that I set on a chair next to me.

Raquel Birch

CA APQS representative

Hi Mary Beth,

I don't plan to use the magnifier to quilt with, or at least I'm not planning on it. It will help with threading the machine, ripping out, and maybe when I need to time the machine.

Actually my new machine does not vibrate that I notice, so I should be fine. Thanks for the link, it looks like a very nice magnifier that I can use many places in the house if needed.

Yes, my machine doesn't have any vibration either, but all machines usually have a very slight vibration - not just quilting machines. The only machine this magnifyer was set up on at MQS was a Gammill, so I couldn't really tell what it would be like on a Millie. The vibration I get is ever so slight, but until you get use to it, it can be a little strange.

Angie, it is perfect for all of the reasons you mentioned. I love it for ripping out, threading the needle and looking at my bobbin area. But I do use it for quilting too.

Archived