NQR trip to Hawaii

Sylvia

Hello Fellow Quilters

My husband and I are travelling to Hawaii the third week of February and I have an idea the you all may be able to give some good advice. We will be on Maui and the Big Island and are looking to stay in condos.

Suggestions??

Thanks to all who can help

Sylvia

As soon as you get there - look in the phone book for quilt shops!!!! How's that for advice. When I was on the Big island (about 13 yrs ago) I wasn't really into quilting like I am now, so I can't help you there.

I did find a quilt shop on Maui, in Lahinah (sp) just a few blocks south of the big park/banyon tree. Again, I would look I the phone book.

As far as Condo's go, use google to find "condo's in Maui or Hawaii" but I'll bet that someone here can help you too.

OK if you're on Maui you HAVE to drive to Hana (which is an amazing drive) and hike up the Seven Sacred Pools through the bamboo forest to the top where the waterfall is. OMG---It's so cool!

http://www.hawaii-guide.com/index.php/maui/spot/oheo_gulch_kipahulu/

And also do like me and just plant your butt on the beach, be a bum and just soak up the sun and play in the waves and snorkel. I love Hawaii. It's beautiful. :cool:

Originally posted by Mary Beth

look up Hawaii Barbara....she lives there....I've never been to Hawaii, but I can envy you anyway.

Wish I could be of more help, it's been years since we've been to Maui or the Big Island! I am on Oahu - the most populated island, thus heavy duty traffic at certain times of the day.

How about Catherine on the Big Island - she was talking about a condo in Kona for the Quilt Festival on the Big Island?

Archived