Hey Mary Beth

Sorry, I just heard from my brother about an hour ago. I should have told you. They tried my dad on real food and he didn't have any problems. Since he is pain free for now, they were sending him home. The doctor said they will talk to him once he is feeling better about surgery. Such good news. Thank you for asking. I have been piecing and trying to quilt a sample piece to take to Nebraska next week, and I completely left you guys hanging.

There is a gaul stone in a bile duct that is causing all of his pain. He had gaul bladder surgery several years ago and at the time the doctor said he missed a stone. It has come back to haunt my dad. They put him on a low fat diet....which low fat and my dad, don't go together. My mom had tried to get him to lose weight over the years but he just grumbles, He is no huge, but he is over weight. I come from a long line of snackers...:D

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Thanks for the update, MB. Maybe you can get dad to drink a few of those green veggie blender shakes? :)

Oh my gosh...he would never go near them :D He is the king of the Twinkie!! I could always count on good goodies when I was growing up :D:D

Come to find out, he ate a spicy bowl of chili on Saturday night, it was 4 am Sunday morning that my mom had to get him to the hospital.

When he had gaul bladder surgery, several years ago, the doctor said that they missed a stone. It is that stone that is giving him problems, they think.

He will be going to the doctor for more tests, but they are pretty sure it is the stone.

I'm sure Chili has been checked off his list and after getting my mom up at 4 am and then the week that she has had...she will make sure that Chili is marked off his list.

Thank you all for your prayers. My heart just goes out to him because he is going blind, and can't do the things he use to do. Then when something like this happens, his life is over. He and my mom are on different ends of the spectrum. He is doom and gloom and she is Miss Sunshine. What a pair!!

MB, so happy to hear your dad is doing better. That is exactly the problem my mom had too and I was actually going to mention it, but thought it might worry you too much. She also had a stone after her gall bladder was removed and it was stuck in a duct of her pancreas. It must be a common issue! Anyway, she's better and I pray your dad makes a great recovery too. :)

Archived