Webshots and the Trojan horse

Tonight while downloading my pictures to webshots so I could post them to the chat, my computer started flashing and it looked like my hard drive was zipping along all in red. I was so afraid I had a virus. I screamed and started pulling the power cable out :o I think I did that because they had me do that at work one day. I went into a panic and called my son/person geek squad :D He was very calm, and now that I think about it, he laughed at me. He told me to click on Alt F4, so I did. then he told me to exit out of the program that was flashing. All of a sudden I was back on this site and everything was fine. He said that there are people out there that create these programs that make you think you have a virus so they can get you to buy a program from them to "fix" your problem. I didn't really have a virus, thank goodness. But these guys need to get a job!!

:o:o:o Mary you scared me!!! Yeah, I had that happen to me once, I clicked on this web site and all of a sudden this window popped up and said I had gotten a virus. My heart sank! I went downstairs to tell my DH I just killed my puter and he said not to worry that I had found one of those web sites. He told me it was my fault because I was surfing the net and finding web sites that I wasn't supposed to be on (that little turkey!!! :P) Anyway, my machine was fine.

Sometimes if our computers act sluggish, it's a good time do do the Defrag hard disk to clean it up.

Yes, it was on my new laptop...and I have virus protection too...but my stepsons says this is bogus and not a real virus, just something to make us think we have a virus. He told me what to do over the phone and the whole thing went away...just scammers out there trying to get us to sign up for a bogus web site for virus protection...they don't know that my stepson and all his buddies are darned good computer techies....usually there is a whole room of them to pick from...you just have to drag them away from their games :)

Put Malwarebytes' anti-malware (a free program from the internet) on your computer and update it everyday and this will take care of your problem. Yes, the ones doing this need to be tracked down, fined a huge amount or spend some time in the slammer for causing sure problems.

Archived