Anyone in Chicago or work for United Airlines?

Ricky Tims has had a bag go missing with United Airlines in Chicago. It contained not only one of his award winning quilts but one of Libby Lehman's too. He is desperate to try and track it down but the airline are being less than helpful. The full story is here,

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/2539

He would really appreciate any help you can offer. I figure the best I could do was pass the message on to more people.

Thanks for listening.

Ferret

Unfortunately, many people realize the value of quilts. With checked baggage and not being able to lock it, that is the risk of sending it under the plane.

It is really sad that this has happened, and again, unfortunately won't be the last. Has he posted pictures of his and Libby's quilt on the lost quilt website? Some have been found via this website because it reaches a large audience.

Thanks for letting us know! We'll keep our eyes open, but not to much ever happens in Wausau, WI

In December, my family from Florida, Pennsylvannia and California were to come for my mom's birthday. My sister from California missed her flight, my brother from PA had the wrong weekend...YIKES. Anyway, they lost my California sister's bag. I went to the airport and had the tag number and description of her bag. I FOUND IT in the lineup with unclaimed bags.

In California, they had tagged her bags with her daughter's (traveling with her) information, so they couldn't find her bag as it was under her Daughter's name with my sister's information on the bag.

To make matters more interesting. My sister requested that I pull the Christmas presents from the bag before sending back to California. Now, I ask you, who is going to argue with the airlines. I asked the clerk, and told her I understood if it wasn't possible. She hemmed and hawed and said. well, I'll watch you so you don't put anything in. So here I am at the airport fishing around for presents in an open suitcase.

She never would have gotten her bag back if I hadn't gotten out there. This whole long story is to tell you that there is hope. Get the claim ticket number, description of the bag and go to the unclaimed baggage area. Good luck.

Archived