One Last Edgerider question....

QuiltFaerie

Thank goodness for friends. My edgerider wheels are on and many many thanks to my good friend Nancy's husband. I just did not have the strength to loosen some of those nuts and bolts.

I know I need to raise the leveler bar, but what about the front quilt top bar. Does that need to come up also?

And, my bumpers on the carriage are now to short. Do I need a longer screw for those also?

Clueless in Michigan.

Huh? My bumpers were fine. Didn't you raise the carriage part too? The part that rides on the table itself. That is the one that should be a little higher.

As for the Leveler bar it should be level with the quilt top bar. My DH turned the eye bolts 4 turns each on each bar, then put the level on to make sure, and we were done. Don't make the bars too high, or it might effect your tension and other stuff could be off.

Good luck!! You'll be fine, and you will love those wheels!!

Thank you so much for the pictures. I think you are right. I do have Circle Lord so maybe all those washers have just put it up a tad too high.

Barb told me that putting Edgeriders on was not for the faint of heart. Now, I assembled my machine myself and I swear to you, this was much more difficult.

I know I will love using them, but that was a project!

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

And the blue plastic tape is to keep my cord on the back of the machine centered so it does not go to either side and getting stuck!! I'm waiting on over head wiring! hmmm.............

And here I thought that was a new design element. :P

I have seen people do all kinds of things to their machines to make it work for them.

Gail,

the edgeriders are 1/4" taller than the black wheels and will raise the carriage and the machine up, so with the circle lord, you don't need to put the same number of washers back on as you originally had for the CL. Follow the instructions for the wheels and then add about 2 more washers for the height for the CL on the carriage only (the part that goes side to side).

You should only be raising the carriage with the extra washers and not the machine head.

It shouldn't be too high to pass over your bumpers, so something is not right. When you put the wheels on the machine axles, did you put that large 1/2" spacer back in that was part of the original equipment? It is not suposed to be there with ER wheels(on the machine axles only). And I believe that is probably your problem.

I have added to the instructions and they are posted on my website. You may want to go look there to see if that helps.

Thank you Patty for rescuing me! lol I'm sure your directions were a ton better than my "clear as mud" ones!

I got my Edgeriders before you re-wrote the directions. Then when I had some other stuff to do to my machine, I just downloaded your instructions so I didn't kill my DH AGAIN!! :P:P:P

Archived