Help - SR stitches nervously in one place

Hi,

I need some advise regarding the following SR problem:

While quilting my last top (all SID), I noticed that at times my machine when in SR mode would nervously stitch in one place three or four times when not being moved (e.g. at a turning point or when I stopped). This didn't happen every time - about four to five times during the twin size top I quilted.

I've cleaned everything and at first thought I'd be fine. But now with that other top loaded, I've encountered the same problem while stitching. In the places where this happens the upper thread tension loosens.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me - this quilt has a close deadline and I haven'T even started yet...:(

Best, Birgit

Hi Birgit. I had the same problem recently, but only after I had been using the machine for about 2 hours. After talking with Connie, we replaced the crydom relay. I still had the problem occassionally and we ended up replacing the mother/daughter boards as well. Problem is gone now and all is well.

Good luck.

Debbi

Mine has done that occasionally also. Loosen your encoders and clean both the wheels and the rubber wheels with alcohol. Then repostion your encoder in very tightly. See if this helps. I've found that sometimes the rubber wheels also get dirty and slip some so that even a tiny vibration can affect what they are telling the SR. I had to do this yesterday. Seems to me Mark told me to try this quite some time ago before we thought about changing other parts out. jeri

Debbi, Caron & Jeri,

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

As weird as this may sound, it is sort of a relief to read that I'm not the first one to experience this problem...

My personal technician (hubby - being off from work today) talked to Mark on the phone. Mark suggested that the cause may be that relay Debbi talked about and is going to mail me a replacement part. Mark, I very much appreciate this.

Funny enough, I was eager to get working on that wedding quilt - and the machine stitched just fine....

But still, I'll be glad to have that new relay on hand soon.

I'll keep you posted on the continuation...

Thanks again, Birgit

Replacing the crydom relay didn't stop my machine from appearing to stitch in one place when it wasn't being moved - but it did stop when we I installed softmounts under the axils. I think it probably cut down the vibrations which can sometimes cause this problem.

Cherie in Australia

Driving a millie with CQ

Archived