I posted new photos of the Dark version of Fairy Dust from Starr Designs. I don't know which color way I like best. I used one of Hartley's large cookie to create the space around the small stars. Take a peek if you have time on my webshots under the newest album.

Myrna

It is so cool Myrna

I love absolutely love your techniques. The quilting is so cool. When you approach this from the beginning do you see it, do you draft the idea do you just go and then fill in. The stars appear to be spinning and you have lots of texture big and small. That's what I love about it. You quilts always appear to be moving in some sorta way.

I love freehand and sometimes I just want to start stitching without even thinking about SID or where the seams are and just quilt in each space whatever. You seem to do that and remain so consistant throughout. It appears so well planned. (Which it proby is lol). You really know how to have fun when you quilt. No other quilts like you. Your style is your own and I hope to discover that style for myself. I think it is hiding somewhere. lol I have been so busy trying to learn so many techniques so I would have the knowledge and I desire more doing my own thing after each quilt. I love your webshots.

I really love it. PS. Where can I purchase this pattern.

Guest Linda S

Myrna - the quilt is gorgeous. Actually, I like both the dark and the light. I love the trailing arms you quilted around the friendship stars -- very cool idea.

Linda

Linda,

The trailing arms were done with one of the large Hartley cookie cutters. I thought it was perfect around the friendship stars. It gave a lot of movement.

QuiltFaerie,

No I didn't make the tops. They are from Kathleen Starr, Starr fabrics. This is her new BOM coming out in the next 2-4 weeks. Kathleen does hand-dyed fabrics. These are booth samples.

Elita

Thank you for looking at my photos.

Tammie.

I usually see one thing that really speaks and it builds from there. I don't draft anything out, perhaps I should. I did SID around the large stars. It just gives a finished look even with the small stippling. I didn't need to around the Friendship stars. The stippling was enough. I do have fun quilting. I still freak out about half way through and think I have ruined the quilt. It is so cool to hang it in the end and stand back and look at the finished product.

We all develope our own style. With every quilt we look at something registers in our brain. Heck not just quilts. There are design all around us everyday.

Don't we all have the best job. Myrna

Hi Andrea,

How are you doing? Are you doing a lot of quilting. You should bea bit more slow at you day job during this season. I'm srue it ia a beautiful time i Switzerland now.

I have not heard for you in awhile. I think I will be at Claudia's in January> I hope:) Will you be going up?

Myrna

Cheers Myrna,

Well, I try to exercise what I learned at Karen's and Sherry's workshop. I plan / design a wholecloth for a customer who wants to do this by handquilting (headshake ;) ). Other than that, my day job eats me up. I was not able to play with my new tool (CL). A lot of new shopopenings request a lot of training new staffmembers.... correcting the mistakes they do .... more physical inventory to attend :( .... be of help at any situation which may occure in the retail business.

Well, January is a very busy month for me/us (year end reporting, inventory, recalculation of the seasonal christmas markets etc...for 15 shops if no new one is opend until year end) but I will try very hard to attend. I consider those days at Claudia's as my holiday (and spent a lot of money buying fabric :D. Would love to meet you and have my eyes on your lips so I won't miss any tip, hint, advise, does and don'ts.

I do read a lot the MQP ;)

Well beautifull it is when you are able to move out of the heat and get into the mountains. As I work in a valley it is always a relive to come home "climbing" up to my small town.

Where the temp. is a bit cooler.

Take care and make some more beautifull quilting.

Hugs Andrea

Archived