Once you get the needle into the needle bar and facing the right direction you can stick a thin pin into the eye and turn the needle whichever direction you need to get it centered.

Just remember to finish tighten the needle so it doesn't drop out and cause more damage.

Do you mean how do you get the needle facing the right direction? Bonnie answered that one.

Or. .

do you mean actually centered so that the hopping foot is evenly spaced around the needle on all sides? My needle is not perfectly centered in the hopping foot, or at least is doesn't appear to be. I tried adjusting the hopping foot once and I couldn't get it any better. I just know that when I'm doing ruler work, the needle is closer to the ruler when the ruler is on the left than when it's on the right.

Well, DUH....I miss read your needs. Not the first time I've done that. Depending on your Millie age there is a hole either in the front or the side and you need to reach in with a LONG thin screw driver...flat head and loosen the screw...once you have it loose you can adjust the height and center you foot around the needle...you will need to be steady and not bump it when you go to tighten it or you will need to start all over again. In your manual there will be instructions as to which place to find your screw hole.

• 3 months later...

I use a piece of graph paper or draw your own in a pinch, then place it below the hopping foot, lower the needle manually into the cross hairs of a line intersection on the paper, loosen the set screw, rotate and adjust the hopping foot evenly to the paper and viola! Pretty accurate. If you like you can fold the paper to the thickness needed for the hopping foot height and check that measurement too. With the paper folded it also helps you keep everything aligned better when you tighten the set screw. Hope this helps ---Dave B. Have a great day!

Archived