APQS Advertising Opportunity

Busy Quilting

I am about to take 40metres (131 feet) of the World's Biggest Hexagon Quilt to one of the larger Craft Shows in our state. I will be with it for three of the four days of the show.

Excellent opportunity for advertising our great machines. I have to this time been reticent to mention what brand of machine I have, so just say I have a longarm unless pushed.

It is all hand guided and I am not receiving any payment for my time or quilting.

We have received some sponsorships from local quilt guilds and companies and will acknowledge these in our display.

Articles about the quilt will be going in American Patchwork magazines in the next couple of months, they are already in Australian magazines.

Do you think I should let the cat out of the bag about APQS machines or just let them keep guessing?

Lyn

If the type of fabric/thread/batting is mentioned in the handouts or posted on the display, and since your heart and soul (not to mention time and brain power!) are so vital for this project, I think you should be able to name your brand of longarm.

Maybe print out, "All quilting was hand-guided and done on "Good Golly, Miss Molly"--an APQS Millennium longarm machine by Lyn from Queensland. 500 zillion kilometers of ABC thread was used and it took XXX hours to quilt this section."

Bravo for your great job!!! I have been following this story and smiling a big smile for you all.:cool:

Wow! Now that is one heck of a huge quilt!

I agree with Linda Rech; your machine is your partner and you two did this project together so aboslutely don't leave Good Golly Miss Molly out of the limelight as she deserves recognition, too.

I am so proud of you (and GGMM) for the fantastic project you completed!!

The quilt won't be travelling to Townsville, as it will be in the last throws of construction.

It is to be judged on 13th May, 2010 her in Gatton.

Queensland Quilters have already asked for it to be hung at the October Quilt Show. So I may get to meet you there as I am sure I will be asked to accompany it again.

Mammoth effort, but I am still enjoying it. Haven't had to start quilting while my husband is home YET I consider this my day job, for the time being.

two more metres to go before I drop this section into the LQS, where I will then trim and bind it. Yes I am doing all the binding too. The back is folded to the front and machined.

Lyn

Archived