Snapshots--need ideas

I might change thread colors on this. Spiro Thingy in the squares and how about Orange peel in the white and smaller squares? Like Circle Lord 7 Treasures?? Treat the white and the squares as one. For the border I might do a Greek key thing, just to keep the square feeling going.

Jane,

Oh those blocks are a perfect place to play with your spiro thingy. There are lots of things you can do in the border. Like LinneaMarie said orange peel would be a perfect way to get some movement to that design. The other thing you could do is to just outline the square (SID) and cc in the white area. That would make those squares really pop but it would add a pretty orange peel design to the white area. I personally would not do an e2e on this quilt. Custom quilting will really make that top sing.

When you say orange peel do you mean circles that interlock like the 7 treasures? I'm just not quite understanding what you mean.

The area that looks white is actually a pale marbled yellow. The yellow thread looks great on all of the quilt.

The large squares are about 7 1/2". The small are about 1 1/2". I need to go back to the challenge pics and see some more ideas for the spiro thingy.

Archived