installing zippers

Ok,

I am just in the process of installing the zippers on my Mille.

This is a first for me. On my Lenni I went as far as buying the zippers and staring at them for a really long time then eventually gave the zippers still in the package to the lady who bought my Lenni.

The zippers I bought this time were from Linda's Electric Quilters ($8 a zipper) but are not marked.

My first question (as I am sure I will have more before they are actually installed) is;

Which way did you install your zippers? When the zipper is zipped on is the pull tab on the left or right of the machine (facing the front)?

Really it is the simple things that get me in a tizzy....:o:o

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lisa:)

It might matter which way you zip them because on mine, they are stamped with which side of each zipper goes where.

I know what you mean about staring at the zippers...its always easier to figure things out by picking up the pieces and pinning them where they need to go and have a quilt ready to load so you can try them out right away! I love my zippers.

Like Anne,

Mine were marked where they went. I just put mine on and love them! I thought they were a little awkward to sew on as the machine wanted to move in different directions and it was hard to keep a straight line next to the edge of both the zipper and the leader, but I did it and just loaded my first quilt with them. So quick and easy! What a big time saver!

(I tried to use the channel locks but still found it awkward)

Archived