centering swirls

Lynne in Iowa

Meg, I measured the Storm at Sea that I used the swirls on. Heidi and Kristina's advice sounds right. I overlapped mine, but to butt them it looks like 5 1/2 inches is about right to off set them.

Or do you mean filling in the "holes" between the swirls? Then maybe you would just have to do part of a swirl.

That must sound as clear as mud to anyone who doesn't know what we are talking about huh ?!? Maybe even to those of us who do!

Meg, I measured the Storm at Sea that I used the swirls on. Heidi and Kristina's advice sounds right. I overlapped mine, but to butt them it looks like 5 1/2 inches is about right to off set them.

Or do you mean filling in the "holes" between the swirls? Then maybe you would just have to do part of a swirl.

That must sound as clear as mud to anyone who doesn't know what we are talking about huh ?!? Maybe even to those of us who do!

I was messing with my QZ ideas and graphs on paper today and realized, if the top row is spaced as on the board or templates, then measure the distance between the first two center points on the prior row.. then half that and drop the distance from center (again, in the prior row), to the bottom of the spiral, and add a wee bit of space, like 1/4", and see if that draws out, with no thread, as you want it to be. I may be confused on how I'm saying this, hope it makes sense to you..

If you should want anything clarified, you can email me from my posts. I'll do my best to get it explained.. I've used mine a lot on this last quilt, and it's so Darned much Fun!!!

RitaR

I was messing with my QZ ideas and graphs on paper today and realized, if the top row is spaced as on the board or templates, then measure the distance between the first two center points on the prior row.. then half that and drop the distance from center (again, in the prior row), to the bottom of the spiral, and add a wee bit of space, like 1/4", and see if that draws out, with no thread, as you want it to be. I may be confused on how I'm saying this, hope it makes sense to you..

If you should want anything clarified, you can email me from my posts. I'll do my best to get it explained.. I've used mine a lot on this last quilt, and it's so Darned much Fun!!!

RitaR

Archived