Thank you to Dawn..invisible thread tip

Betty

Our APQS Dawn Cavanaugh taught a class and said she used invisible thread in the bobbin. I gasped... Never would I have tried on my own idea. But, it worked and worked great.

I used Superior Mono/Poly and loosened my bobbin winder so the thread didn't stretch and wound it up. Even wound it full.

I've had two quilts where the backs were loud, beautiful and light fabrics that anything else would of distracted. The invisible thread looked great on front and back.

So thanks to Dawn I took a leap and tried it.

My stand alone bobbin winder has a tension knob that adjusts the tension disks. It's right on the tension disks and looks alot like the tension knob on your quilting machine.You want it to wind looser because Mono/Poly can stretch.

My bobbin winder is very old...so maybe it's an oldy but goody.

Betty,

I'm so glad you got brave and gave it a shot! For those of you who are still scared of trying it, I just want to reassure you that I have used invisible thread in the Top AND the Bobbin (or either/or) ever since I got my machine 16 years ago.

I probably did so way back then because there really weren't teachers out there, so you learned "on your own". Therefore, I didn't have to listen to anyone tell me that I couldn't do it:)

If you have questions about using invisible thread, just let me know!

Dawn,

Will you be covering these neat Winder tips in your new MQX class for APQS Newbies??? I'm in your class as you know even though I am not a newbie any more and would love to learn more about these neat tricks you can do with the Turbo Winder.

Yes, Dawn is such a great instructor, that this non-newbie to take her newbie class!!

Thanks,

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NJ

Archived