Help Please - Machine runs full bore

Hi,

This is the first time I've used my machine since it's return from APQS. I warmed the machine up for a few minutes then set the channel lock to sew through the quilt top, batting and backing. When I hit the button, the machine went off full bore and would not stop even when I tried. I finally had to go around to the back of the machine and turn it off. I thought maybe something was stuck, so let it set for a minute and stood at the back of the machine and turned it on and the machine took off again full bore.

Could I have not put the machine back together correctly causing this problem? It seemed to work fine when I was warming it up with no thread.

What should I look for. I"m now afraid to turn it on at all because it just takes off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....Mercedes

THere is a button on the back of the machine that turns it on and off. When I turn that button on the machine takes off full bore stitching away as fast as it can go. I don't touch any of the command buttons or handles - just the on/off button. Weird.....Mercedes

This really couldn't have anything to do with stitches per inch because it's the on off button on the machine (not handles) that sets the machine running at full bore. It shouldn't matter what the stitches per inch are should it? When I turn the machine button to the on position, the machine just starts stitching - not even touching the handles.....Mercedes

I turned the on button on again and the stitches per inch show the lowest it can be "7" but the machine is stitching like it's on fire. I tried clicking the command button and red to slow it down but nothing happens so turned the machine off again. Any ideas?

Mercedes, this probably has nothing to do with anything, but now that you have your machine unplugged, try plugging it back in and turning it on again. When I got home from work tonight, the remote control for the TV wouldn't work....DH was ready to send it flying! I took the batteries out, put them right back in, and it works fine again. Go figure. Seems some things just need a "reset" button! It may not work for your Millie, but it's worth a shot! :P

Archived