Believe it or Not _ Quilts from Claudia

At the show in Veldhoven, Netherlands, Claudia has a special area showing her quilts. Even the very first one made 20 years ago is shown. (Picture below) One of the ladies in the audience said "thank goodness, there is hope" :) I am sure Claudia will respond and will tell us the story behind all these quilts.

Cordoba is F A B U L O U S even the back is F A B U L O U S.

One week more and you will see it at MQS for those who will come to MQS.

One thing is for sure. Wow she is good, she is realy good.

As the number of pictues is about 20 I decided to put them on my flick photopage

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theo_vanderheijden/sets/72157623844524753/

post--1346190403281_thumb.jpg

Theo,

Thank you so much for taking and sharing these pictures of Claudia's quilts! I have been lucky enough to have seen most them in person - except for the very early ones...

What a development! The word "amazing" cannot really describe it properly.

Claudia - Wow, what an explosion of color! I believe that each of these quilts represents the best you could do at the time you made it. Look at where you started and where you are today!! It will be more than fascinating to see where you will be going from here (after Cordoba, that is)...

See you in a few short days in Overland Park,

Birgit

Well..I was the lady who said to Theo, there is hope this afternoon. I must say it was very encouraging to see the development of Claudia's work. I absolutely agree with Birgit, you grow with every quilt. And I'm hoping to grow for a lot of quilts from now on!

Claudia's new quilt Cordoba is stunning! All pictures don't do it justice!

Birgit is too modest! She won long arm second price with her beautiful quilt kansas winter stars!

Ohh yes! Claudia's exhibition in Veldhoven is fantastic!

It was so interesting to see the development in her quilts over 25 years. So there's a little bit of hope for everybody :cool: But to be earnest, she is really a very unique quilting artist! And Cordoba is sensational. Btw congratulation to you, Birigit, to your Trophy for Longarm!

I just returned from a three day visit in Veldhoven today and I can say: WOW!

There were so many beautiful quilts at a very high level. I really enjoyed the show.

Hope to be there again next year ... and someday in Kansas or Houston :)

Claudia's exhibition was great, to see how someone grow in her skills.

I was there on Friday and enjoyed the whole exhibition including Claudia's

Next year I want to go there at least 2 days. So I can do one day for the show and one day for workshops.

First......Theo , thank you soooo much for the pictures.....

Thank you all for looking at the quits ( especially the first ones) without breaking out into a loud loud laughing;):D:cool:

Someone asked me .....what´s the reason for hanging such an ugly quilt into the exhibition....with spots over and over ( though it was washed before!):cool:

I explained to her: That´s my very first quilt - done 25 years (1985)ago, used and loved and she understood:)

The second quilt - you have to start at Theo´s album at the end - is made of woven blocks, which I made ( I have woven!!) for my examen at the local university!

Instead of keeping those blocks in the shelf I thought......ok, why not sewing them together?

In a local suplier shop I found mat, cutter and ruler and my interest for patchwork came back ....this was 1992!

No 3 is pieced out of silk - leftovers from a ties factory here in Krefeld, this was used by my mother in law for more than 15 years!

I have had a period of "country look" , but I decided - handquilting is not that, what I really want to do!;)

I made my first experiences with free cutting and machine quilting (DSM) with the "Hundertwasser-House" - and the fun part started:cool:

My colourwash quilts were the first ones, I earned a little recognition with: with the Spring Garden ( fence) I´ve won a third place Public Choice 2002,with the Hidden Forrest 1st place Public Choice 2004 at the European Quiltchampionships!

2005 the Millennium arrived in Krefeld - life and quilting changed completely:D:cool:

The best decision for ever!;)

I displayed those quilts to encourage everyone and to tell : I´m not born as a quilting artists!

Like Birgit has said: With every quilt you grow and every time it´s a challenge for yourself to get better!;)

Soooo....I hope I could explain a little and we will see us soon!:D:cool:

BTW: I have a new website www.claudiapfeil.de

Please have a look.....;)

Claudia

Archived