Moxie Meeting

I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone that came to my house for the Moxie meeting. I had so much fun and hope everyone else did too.

Can't wait to see the pictures of all the show and tells.

Congratulations to Dale for winning all the 2 1/2" strips.

We did have a few things left behind. I think everything has been claimed except the square plastic bowl with the blue lid.

Hope you all made it home safe and I'm looking forward to the next meeting in August. (At the beach again.) Yeah!!!!!!!!

Guest Linda S

Thanks so much for having us over Debbie! It was so fun to meet you all in person at last. Such fun show and tell and the game was a blast. Lots of good food and good company, all topped off with a trip to Fabric Depot. What a great day.

Till next time!

Linda

We're back home at the beach and I am still floating from all the fun we had. Debbie you are the best, thank you for being such a gracious hostess.

Yes I helped the Portland economy too at Fabric Depot.

Can't wait til you all come here August 21st (MARK YOUR CALENDARS). I checked the event calender, I was right the 21st is right between the Beach Volleyball tourney and Hood to Coast so it is perfect. The Lewis and Clark Salt Makers will be boiling salt water on the beach that weekend just a couple blocks from my house. It is a great educational reenactment so bring the fam.

Anyway, since I forgot my camera, I am looking forward to all you shutterbugs' posts.

what a great mood lifter you all were today and I won too yeah. the food was great the drive home was a bit bad both 205 AND 5 were bumper to bumper stopped traffic at least to the north anyway I did the scenic route through St. Johns. So many empty buildings:( I meant to ask if anyone has seen Beth Durand lately and how she is. Thank you, Jim for the hat now I'm just going to have to hide it from my neighbor.:P I'll see you Pat at MQS I didn't hear if anyone else is going ? I'm not taking any classes because I have no idea how long the drive will take me. I haven't done that kind of marathon driving for a long time. hey Bonnie it was nice to talk t*ts(haha) with a fellow survivor. sounds like your membership "to the club no one asks to join" was a bit more grueling than mine but none of them are fun. Thanks again Debbie I had a great time-dale

Hi All,

I had the best time... BUT I did forget my laptop and had to go back today and get it. I really look forward to seeing everybody who is coming to the feathered star class and our next Moxie meeting on Aug 21st at Lyndas beautiful beach house. CAN SOMEONE POST SOME PICS?.

Nora

Thanks ladies and gentlemen for welcoming me to the Moxies, you all are just as delightful as I expected. I had the best time, the laughter was very therapeutic, the food was delish and I can't say enough about my limo driver! She is the best...thank you so much Linda! Debbie, the plastic bowl is probably mine, I'm trying to purge the kitchen of those things so will not miss it. You can add it to you collection if you can use it or bring it next time and I'll throw it back in the drawer, either works for me. Thanks again to all and now I'm on my way downstairs to tweak that #8 screw. Cindy

oh we had way toooo much fun. it was great. Debbie you are a terrific hostess. the food was terrific, the quilts out of this world beautiful and the laughter the best part. i will try to post pictures. Right now my camera is not cooperating with my computer or visa versa. Sure looking forward to the feathered star class and the meeting in August.

Another great Moxie meeting! Thanks to our hostess, Debbie, and her great fabric game--what a lot of laughter.

Here is a photo--as you know, only one at a time for me.

Here is a great quilt by Jill---wonderful colors! And Jill knitted her gorgeous scarf from left-over sock yarn. Do I see another class in our future?

Bekah and Linda S. are peeking out from the side.

post--13461904037918_thumb.jpg

Another beauty by Jill--a painted wholecloth. It is gorgeous from the front, but the back was even more so. Don't have a photo of that--sorry. It had stitched butterflies, flowers, tiny micro-work--really great quilting. Jill's coloring was perfection--lots of shading and blending.

post--13461904038147_thumb.jpg

Precision-piecing is Lynda Newell's talent--this woman is GOOD! I missed getting a photo of her feathered star raffle quilt. I hope she posts a photos of it--huge, beautiful, multi-borders and such gorgeous quilting! She can sell a lot of tickets--I know I want some!

Here is a small postage-stamp style wallhanging made not with tiny squares, but with teeny-tiny half-square triangles. Arrgghh! She found a picture and drafted her own pattern. Arrgghh again! She is teaching a feathered star class for the Moxies in a couple of weeks at Patty Jo's. What fun that will be!

post--13461904038371_thumb.jpg

Lynda's One Block Wonder--more precision piecing and she altered the book design to extend the interior piecing outside the borders. She's a tricky one!!:D

Jill and her pretty scarf on the right--Linda Steller behind--so glad we finally enticed her to visit!

post--13461904038823_thumb.jpg

One more from Lynda--a neat case made with a special ruler. She will have to jump on here and give is the particulars. The strip are 3-D. Very cute with a bobbin to show the scale.

(Note to Moxies--let's not let Lynda go first in show and tell next time. Nobody wants to follow her pretty stuff!!:P:P:P)

post--13461904039216_thumb.jpg

Show and tell is so much fun and I forgot to get pictures of lots of pretty things. I hope someone can fill in the gaps--Leslie's BIG red/black/white/gold quilt, Bekah's treasured blocks from the family--the most gorgeous hand-embroidered floral blocks--twelve of them with different flowers on each--we must see a photo of those! Jim brought some embroidery machine design samples--the cutest shoes ever.

Please fill in the gaps if you took some photos.

And lastly--here is Dale, aka Moonwoman, gloating over her pile of strips she won in the L-C-R game. Thanks Debbie for providing extras for those of us (me) who left their strips at home on the ironing board. When we play next time, I will bring you some back for you to play with!

Doesn't Nora look amused?? I love this picture!!!:P

post--13461904041116_thumb.jpg

A special welcome to the Moxies to Cindy (ladygravyboat) and Linda Steller.

Cindy lives north of me and we rode down together. She has had her Milli for about a year and has been problem-solving some issues. She got good advice from Al (of Sheila and Al) and also Bekah. She will be trying some things to get her machine to be not so unruly!

And Linda came from far south in Eugene, riding with Ellen and hopefully we didn't scare her away! Hope they both can make it to the next meeting in August.

Thank you for posting pics Linda, especially for those of us (me) with memory issues who can't seem to remember the camera.

The little glasses case was made with the free pattern included with the "Double Diamonds Ruler". I got it at our LQS in Astoria. You can go to

www.bright-quilting-notions.com

to see more about them. Very easy and kinda fun too.

I have a couple of pics of the raffle quilt I'll try to post later.

Archived