Simple lasagna quilt

I sent an email to MQInnovations and they told me which category to enter my wall hanging in. I wish I could go to the show, but it is all the way across the country and we are going back to school/work on Monday.

If my quilt does get to hang in the show I will have to have my DIL go and take pictures. She lives near Tacoma at Ft. Lewis where my son is stationed. He is in Iraq.

Who else is entering things?

Teresa--

I'm entering a quilt. If you are interested, Cindy Roth has a CD made of pictures of all the entries in the show. I would be happy to pick one up for you if you like. It's a virtual tour of the whole show! If you don't want the CD I will take lotsa pics to post here.

Linda in Olympia

Linda, either way would be great. Let me know about cost. I have my entry form all filled out, and have to get a picture printed out.

From reading the form it sounds like I don't send the quilt now, but what for them to notify me that it is accepted. Is that correct? I've never done a real show before. Thanks.

Teresa--

This will be my first entry in a show too. Yes, you send in the pic and they will notify you of acceptance.Two years ago at Innovations I had had my Milli for only 2 months and just knew I could never do such beautiful quilting. Last year with a years worth of quilts done I was still awed but thought " hey, maybe I can do some of this." If my quilt is accepted, I'm glad I can hand-deliver and pick up the quilt--no lost-in-the-mail anxiety. But of course, it'll have to be accepted first!! I guess if you enter in shows, you must be ready for rejection from the start.

Our local County Fair starts in a week and I have customers who have entered eight quilts. Can't wait to see them hanging up!!

God luck with your beautiful wall art!!

Linda R

Teresa and Linda,

I have 2 quilts to enter in Innovations. It will also be my first time in a show and I've only had my longarm since Oct of last year. Silly me. I didn't know the quilts had to be "accepted". I thought that just filling out the entry form and delivering the quilt was all that you had to do. Hopefully they will get accepted.

I have a quilt a wholecloth quilt to enter and an quilt I made for my daughter. She lives in Tacoma, 6 blocks from the convention center where Innovations will be held. How lucky is that!!

Debbi

Hi Debbi,

I think there is a category at the show for new quilters (less than a year). Be sure to note that on your entry form. They will change a category on entered quilts if they think it is necessary. Go for it!

As the time gets closer, we all need to make plans to meet. I live just south of Tacoma and would be happy to drive for anybody who wants to sightsee or fabric shop--not that anyone won't be exhausted from classes and a brain full of new ideas! Seattle is lovely especially in the Fall. Top notch fabric stores, although In the Beginning is closing. An entire block of antique stores are just north of the convention center. Seattle has the Public Market and water and mountains all around. Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Monorail,restaurants, artsy stuff, whew--what a great place! Anybody interested can U2U me or email (on my profile). Maybe we can get the APQS gang to go to dinner!!

Linda Rech

Olympia Wa

Archived