I am putting on my Edgeriders and am a little confused about the washers. Could anyone that has put them on clear up were the little washers go as to the bigger ones? And when stacking 5 washers are they the little one?

I know that sounds confusing but I know someone who as changed there wheels will understand.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Lori

Lori,

DH has written the following:

I found the directions quite confusing myself (and I design things like this for a living...)

I used some 5/16 hex nuts from the hardware store as spacers on the upper wheels. That gave me 1/4" spacing and kept the machine about at its original height above the table. No washers, just the nuts.

I used a single washer under each of the lower wheels, and that worked just fine.

The key to doing this right is to get all four wheels in each of the two sets (upper and lower) at exactly the same height so they all bear on the metal edge at the same point of curvature. One good way to accomplish that is to carefully level the table first, then check the level of the lower carriage. Adjust that to level by adding washers as necessary. Before you do that, you need to adjust the eccentric bolts a little tighter than you might think appropriate. They need to be tight enough that there is a little space between the flange of the wheel and the upper surface of the guide track. If the flange touches the guide track, it makes much too much friction.

Once the lower set is adjusted and the track is level, then repeat with the upper track.

I hope this helps. e-mail me at esonic@testdevices.com if it isn't clear or if a pencil sketch of what I mean would make it easier. I can sketch it and send a .pdf or other format picture.

Eric

Thank God we have rocket scientists here to help us with our Edgerider wheel installs!!! (no kidding)

Thanks, Eric!

I have the ER wheels but have not installed them yet. It is on my "soon to do list" I will print this out and reference it.

Barbara, thanks for marrying Eric. Just think,,,if you had not, where would we be today? :cool:

Lori, I just answered your email. Whenever you see "washers" in the instructions, it is referring to the small washers. So, yes, you stack 5 of the small washers where it says to. The larger washer was just recently added to the kit and instructions. You will see as you read through the instructions, it will tell you to place a large washer on the top in a few areas. There are more of the larger washers than you will actually need.

Also, there are added pictures/instructions on my website here. http://www.katydids.net/EdgeRiderInstall.htm

Let me know if you still need help.

Patty

Let me just say that if your wheels were purchased within the last year, the instructions are much better than they used to be. If purchased before that time, then yes, they are not clear.

If there are any things that can still be made a bit more clear, let me know and I will see what I can do about adding it.

Barbara and Eric!

Thank you so much for your help! Dirk, my DH, graduated with a degree as a Civil Engineer and had a hard time. He also said that it might have been easier if they had included a "explosion" diagram for the washers. It is much easier if you do the last two wheels together. It took him a little over 2 hours, start to finish. If they made the changes to the instructions, he said it might have taken him only an hour, it's really not that hard, but confusing. Thank goodness he did it, because I think I might have had a tantrum!

Shana, good luck with yours....I fired up my machine and I CAN tell the difference.

Again thank you so much.. We've got good men Barbara....lets keep them!

Lori

Thank you Patty!

I have been playing on my machine for the last hour and I have to say ........I LOVE THE NEW WHEELS!!! I didn't realize I was having problems until I got the new ones on! My machine sat in someones garage new and unused for almost 3 years until my DH bought it for me. The Edgeriders make a huge difference! The Edgeriders at $170. are a great alternative to the $3000.00 Bliss. I am so glad that I bought them!

Thank you again everyone for you help!

Shana..good luck getting yours on.....your going to love them!

Lori:)

Archived