What's your favorite CL Big board?

RoseCity Quilter

The Swirls seem to be the most popular amongst those that have customers. I did a quilt as a favor for a lady at church and her choice was Swirls. Besides Swirls, I like the 7 Treasures because there are a lot of ways that you can embellish the open areas. And even though I don't have the Zig Zag/ Waves yet, it will be the next one that I get. There are many many ways to use it and I can't wait to get it! I think that a lot of quilts have square/angular piecing and the circular/curvy designs tend to soften them. Does that make sense? Then if you want traditional there's the Baptist Fan and the Clam Shell. And a fun one is the Star Dance - great for patriotic or kids quilts, and stitches up quickly so good for community quilts, too. And if you haven't been on MQ Resource and subscribed to Deb Levy's Circle Lord classes, they are a great investment and the cost is not much. The April class was on the cable and it, too, has a variety of ways that it can be stitched and embellished for borders. You've probably looked at the Circle Lord challenge, but you might browse back through the photos and see how the giant templates were used - it might help. Well, gee, all the templates are great! With Michael's 12 month payment play ou can get several different boards and pay a little each month. :D

I love them all, but the ones requested most are the Zig-Zag, 7-Treasures and the Water Templates.

Using the Zig-Zag board I do a repeat design, it's my most requested Edge to Edge pattern overal.

Pattern: Quilt is loaded with side edges to rollers, by loading it this way the pattern will flow from top to the bottom of the quilt. Sew 1 ZZ row, 1 wave row, 1 ZZ row, now skip the Wave row in the template. Repeat the pattern.

Have Fun Shopping,

Terry

Guest Linda S

I love the Baptist Fan (but then, I love them all). It can really smooth out some wonky quilts (not that I ever get any of those!).

Linda

Archived