removing

Has anyone removed the top roller bar? I feel that I can be more comfortable and accurate if I remove the top roller bar and float my quilts when doing small close work. It's just more comfortable for me. I can see better and use the micro handles more easily. I would like to remove that bar but can't figure out how to lock the remaining bar since our system uses the block to lock both bars at once....any ideas? I have a Millie.

Karen

Yes it can and has been done. There is a little pole gizmo (can remember what they call it), that fits in the break. Do your research through the threads you will find it. However you may have to go back several years to find pictures and who is selling them. I think it's someone up by Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side by Kingsbury grade.

I use "the Texas Hold'em" and love it. APQS actually sells them for a very reasonable price. Around $50 if I remember correctly. I saw it first at a shop in Lewisville Tx. It is so much easier to see what your doing. I believe it was Connie Keller who had the idea for APQS. She is a rep down there.

Thank you so much for the answers. I'll be calling APQS first thing tomorrow morning. I just spent a week at Sharon Schamber's studio and realized what a difference it makes to be able to really see what I'm doing. I also want to change those ball handles on the micro handles. The bicycle handles that I used at Sharon's were so much easier to use. I came home with lots of "hunny do" jobs for my family!!

Karen

Archived