Lenni stitch regulator has gone wonky

Thank you everyone for trying to help me out. I won't have time to call APQS until Thurs. darn it. By then my son-in-law who is a mechanic will be here and he's really good at fixing and tinkering with things so when I call them he can help me out also. This is the only time I wish I lived near the big city instead out here in the forest. Oh by the way, Colorado had snow this last weekend on the high mountains. Luckily we only got the rain. I am going to get the 7/16 open end wrench to add to my tools. Does anyone think I should get a new bobbin case to see if that helps with the tension? Shana, yes I got my machine in May of 09 and didn't do much on it until Sept.

Diana

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diana,

Get another bobbin case.. I now have 4!!! I also bought a towa tension gauge. Can't live without it. Just about get perfect tension everytime I change my bobbin or thread.

Ive had a few hiccups along the way with my Lenni, I got mine Aug 09, hopefully after she got her a&*e kicked by my DH this weekend she is behaving........ He is an electrical engineer so knows a thing or two about electrics, circuit boards etc.

If in any doubt call APQS.

Don't feel bad about not loving your machine, I didn't love my machine either but am just starting to like her. I threatened to go back to hand quilting.

I didn't get a beginners class either but my circumstances were very different to yours. Our new rep has been fantastic and has given me loads of help and advice aswell as the girls and boys on the forum.

Diana,

Get another bobbin case.. I now have 4!!! I also bought a towa tension gauge. Can't live without it. Just about get perfect tension everytime I change my bobbin or thread.

Ive had a few hiccups along the way with my Lenni, I got mine Aug 09, hopefully after she got her a&*e kicked by my DH this weekend she is behaving........ He is an electrical engineer so knows a thing or two about electrics, circuit boards etc.

If in any doubt call APQS.

Don't feel bad about not loving your machine, I didn't love my machine either but am just starting to like her. I threatened to go back to hand quilting.

I didn't get a beginners class either but my circumstances were very different to yours. Our new rep has been fantastic and has given me loads of help and advice aswell as the girls and boys on the forum.

Diana, it really could be something as simple as a bad bobbin case.

Remember, these are machines and when there is an issue, we have to narrow down and isolate the problem in order to fix it. Most times the fix is easy. Something as simple as a bad bobbin case can really throw things off.

Good luck Diana, Hang in there. Keep us posted.

Diana, it really could be something as simple as a bad bobbin case.

Remember, these are machines and when there is an issue, we have to narrow down and isolate the problem in order to fix it. Most times the fix is easy. Something as simple as a bad bobbin case can really throw things off.

Good luck Diana, Hang in there. Keep us posted.

I also had problems with my Lenni when I first got it and we actually had to send it back to APQS and they sent me a new one which has worked beautifully since the day I got it. I love it and wouldn't give it up for anything but I understand your frustration. My husband is very mechanically inclined and even took an APQS maintenance class so he could maintain mine but he adjusted everything they suggested and it just would not function properly. It turned out to be an electronic problem with mine but when we did get the 2nd machine it did take some adjustment on the regulator to make it stitch perfectly. I also suggest you call Amy because she's very good about working with you over the phone and if that doesn't work you should have gotten a guarantee with your machine and the dealer should honor that if they can't make it function properly.

Don't give up yet, you'll love her when she's all tuned up!

I also had problems with my Lenni when I first got it and we actually had to send it back to APQS and they sent me a new one which has worked beautifully since the day I got it. I love it and wouldn't give it up for anything but I understand your frustration. My husband is very mechanically inclined and even took an APQS maintenance class so he could maintain mine but he adjusted everything they suggested and it just would not function properly. It turned out to be an electronic problem with mine but when we did get the 2nd machine it did take some adjustment on the regulator to make it stitch perfectly. I also suggest you call Amy because she's very good about working with you over the phone and if that doesn't work you should have gotten a guarantee with your machine and the dealer should honor that if they can't make it function properly.

Don't give up yet, you'll love her when she's all tuned up!

I think the cable needs to be replaced on the back carriage. I've seen it happen where it would cut out at the exact same spot on the quilt. I was totally confused as to why it was only in one area. They sent a new cable that goes from the carriage to the head in the back stitch regulator and it worked.

I think the cable needs to be replaced on the back carriage. I've seen it happen where it would cut out at the exact same spot on the quilt. I was totally confused as to why it was only in one area. They sent a new cable that goes from the carriage to the head in the back stitch regulator and it worked.

Hi Diana,

Heard about the snow up your way over the weekend...hard to believe it's the middle of June and the white stuff is still coming down!

I wanted to jump in and offer my assistance with your skipped stitches and tension issues. There are lots of things we can do to adjust tension and check for stitch quality. However, Bonnie may have missed the fact that your machine is a Lenni...her encoder solution works on Millenniums but the process is a bit different from Lenni's. We can help you with that.

I have also forwarded this post on to Amy and Christy so that they can be "in the loop" with your Lenni issues when you are able to call on Thursday. We look forward to helping you love your machine!

Hi Diana,

Heard about the snow up your way over the weekend...hard to believe it's the middle of June and the white stuff is still coming down!

I wanted to jump in and offer my assistance with your skipped stitches and tension issues. There are lots of things we can do to adjust tension and check for stitch quality. However, Bonnie may have missed the fact that your machine is a Lenni...her encoder solution works on Millenniums but the process is a bit different from Lenni's. We can help you with that.

I have also forwarded this post on to Amy and Christy so that they can be "in the loop" with your Lenni issues when you are able to call on Thursday. We look forward to helping you love your machine!

Hello everyone,

I would like to apologize to the store owner of where I bought my machine about my bank remark. When I got home tonight after a long day she called me and offered to drive the 2 hrs. and look at Lenni and she if she can fix the problem. She also signed me up for classes in July which is the soonest I can get there to take them. I was just so frustrated last night wanting to finish the table runner. I am not in a big hurry as I am only doing donation quilting and my own so I will have to chill on Lenni for awhile. I probably will never have the patience you all do, to do the beautiful quilting everyone does. I love to piece, buy fabric, sew, buy fabric, piece, and so machine quilting isn't a high priority for me. I will never go commercial but boy do I admire all your work when it is posted. I will still call APQS Thurs. to see if my mechanic can fix it. I certainly have no mechanic abilities. Heck, I have never ever used a ATM machine, barely use a cell phone as it won't work at my home. Yes, the high peaks had snow when the clouds finally cleared. Today they looked pretty cold and the snow didn't melt much. Just think in another 3 months our Aspen trees that just leafed out will be turning their glorious gold. Ugh, only thing good about it, I will get more sewing and quilting done. Thank you all for your concern. Everyone is so great to try and help me. My husband once asked me why couldn't he have married a baker instead of a quilter. I told him he would weigh 300 lbs. instead of really staying warm. Thank goodness he cooks a lot while I quilt.

Diana

Hello everyone,

I would like to apologize to the store owner of where I bought my machine about my bank remark. When I got home tonight after a long day she called me and offered to drive the 2 hrs. and look at Lenni and she if she can fix the problem. She also signed me up for classes in July which is the soonest I can get there to take them. I was just so frustrated last night wanting to finish the table runner. I am not in a big hurry as I am only doing donation quilting and my own so I will have to chill on Lenni for awhile. I probably will never have the patience you all do, to do the beautiful quilting everyone does. I love to piece, buy fabric, sew, buy fabric, piece, and so machine quilting isn't a high priority for me. I will never go commercial but boy do I admire all your work when it is posted. I will still call APQS Thurs. to see if my mechanic can fix it. I certainly have no mechanic abilities. Heck, I have never ever used a ATM machine, barely use a cell phone as it won't work at my home. Yes, the high peaks had snow when the clouds finally cleared. Today they looked pretty cold and the snow didn't melt much. Just think in another 3 months our Aspen trees that just leafed out will be turning their glorious gold. Ugh, only thing good about it, I will get more sewing and quilting done. Thank you all for your concern. Everyone is so great to try and help me. My husband once asked me why couldn't he have married a baker instead of a quilter. I told him he would weigh 300 lbs. instead of really staying warm. Thank goodness he cooks a lot while I quilt.

Diana

Hi Diana,

Our aspen leaves popped out about 3 weeks ago, too. Our trees are probably on the same "cycle" as your mountains in CO. In September my trees are turning gold and in October they are all falling off.

Don't you just love the Aspen trees? I have them surrounding my house. I also have a lot of birch, and spruce. So beautiful.

Hang in there girl... :) You are doing OK. And your machine will get fixed and you will be a happy quilter.

Hi Diana,

Our aspen leaves popped out about 3 weeks ago, too. Our trees are probably on the same "cycle" as your mountains in CO. In September my trees are turning gold and in October they are all falling off.

Don't you just love the Aspen trees? I have them surrounding my house. I also have a lot of birch, and spruce. So beautiful.

Hang in there girl... :) You are doing OK. And your machine will get fixed and you will be a happy quilter.

Shana,

We have 3 acres of Aspen trees and yes I love everyone of them. The only sad part when they pop out, then I can't see the mountains from the main windows unless I go up in the loft. Um, they smell so good. We only have a couple of Spruce trees. We had to cut about 50 beetle killed Pine trees from our lots so we don't have a lot of them either. Just the beautiful Aspens. When we lived in Leadville for 30 years my husband planted 17 of the most beautiful Spruce trees in the lots. Now they are so huge it is incredible. Our cousins bought the house so I still get to enjoy them. Colorado has been so infested by the Beetles in the Pine Trees. Over by Grand Lake and on the way to Denver it is really sad to see the dying Pine Trees. I love to get the gnarly dead Aspen and make my husband cut them down and up and then I drill them out and put a tea candle in them.

Lots of fun doing that also.

Diana

Shana,

We have 3 acres of Aspen trees and yes I love everyone of them. The only sad part when they pop out, then I can't see the mountains from the main windows unless I go up in the loft. Um, they smell so good. We only have a couple of Spruce trees. We had to cut about 50 beetle killed Pine trees from our lots so we don't have a lot of them either. Just the beautiful Aspens. When we lived in Leadville for 30 years my husband planted 17 of the most beautiful Spruce trees in the lots. Now they are so huge it is incredible. Our cousins bought the house so I still get to enjoy them. Colorado has been so infested by the Beetles in the Pine Trees. Over by Grand Lake and on the way to Denver it is really sad to see the dying Pine Trees. I love to get the gnarly dead Aspen and make my husband cut them down and up and then I drill them out and put a tea candle in them.

Lots of fun doing that also.

Diana

Yeah I hear ya... Alaska's trees got nailed with that nasty beetle, too. Killed a lot of them. I'll bet your tea candles are pretty in the carved out tree limbs. Great idea. Show me a picture of them some time. I am imagining yours but maybe they don't look the same as what my mind creates?

Yeah I hear ya... Alaska's trees got nailed with that nasty beetle, too. Killed a lot of them. I'll bet your tea candles are pretty in the carved out tree limbs. Great idea. Show me a picture of them some time. I am imagining yours but maybe they don't look the same as what my mind creates?

I just look for the wormy, distressed, tree about 14 to 16 inches around. I peel the dead bark off, use a awl to really dig the saw dust out of the worm lines, sand them, drill the top for the tea candle, spray varnish. If you enjoy rustic wood like I do you will love them. I took a class in Denver to make a wood bench from logs using only the old method of wood dowels like the old timers used to do. I was the only woman in class with 5 men. I loved working with wood. The teachers made big wooden mallets for us when we graduated with our benchs that day. They autographed them and I picked mine up and stated hey, a husband wacker. The men thought I was crazy but it was really a fun day. I learned to use a drill press, a big drill, other tools. I love my bench and we use it under the covered deck. I was about 56 years old then. The men probably thought what a old bat I was. Oh well

Diana

I just look for the wormy, distressed, tree about 14 to 16 inches around. I peel the dead bark off, use a awl to really dig the saw dust out of the worm lines, sand them, drill the top for the tea candle, spray varnish. If you enjoy rustic wood like I do you will love them. I took a class in Denver to make a wood bench from logs using only the old method of wood dowels like the old timers used to do. I was the only woman in class with 5 men. I loved working with wood. The teachers made big wooden mallets for us when we graduated with our benchs that day. They autographed them and I picked mine up and stated hey, a husband wacker. The men thought I was crazy but it was really a fun day. I learned to use a drill press, a big drill, other tools. I love my bench and we use it under the covered deck. I was about 56 years old then. The men probably thought what a old bat I was. Oh well

Diana

Just wanted to let everyone know that Amy called me from APQS and we were able to discover a broken wire on the encoder wheel. She is sending me a new cable and I ordered a new bobbin case to see if that will help with the tension. Thank you so much APQS and when I get the new cable Amy and I will work on the tension. Pray it does the trick.:D:D:D:D

Diana

Just wanted to let everyone know that Amy called me from APQS and we were able to discover a broken wire on the encoder wheel. She is sending me a new cable and I ordered a new bobbin case to see if that will help with the tension. Thank you so much APQS and when I get the new cable Amy and I will work on the tension. Pray it does the trick.:D:D:D:D

Diana

Archived