clicking sound

Has anyone had this happen? My Millie is starting to clack after I've quilted for an hour. It sounds like the channel lock is engaging but it's not that. Could it be the SR? It only clacks when going forward and back. It doesn't seem to bother the stitching but worries me that something is about to go wrong.

Has anyone had this happen? My Millie is starting to clack after I've quilted for an hour. It sounds like the channel lock is engaging but it's not that. Could it be the SR? It only clacks when going forward and back. It doesn't seem to bother the stitching but worries me that something is about to go wrong.

Check your wheels for threads, dirt, etc. Also check to see that your cords aren't catching or hitting anything. After that we'll move unto the channel locks. I'm sure there's others here who can give you even better advice but this is a start.

Check your wheels for threads, dirt, etc. Also check to see that your cords aren't catching or hitting anything. After that we'll move unto the channel locks. I'm sure there's others here who can give you even better advice but this is a start.

You say the sound is like Dentures clicking....is it more towards the front or back of the machine. When was the last time you repacked the front gears.... But you then mention its like a channel lock coming and going.... hmmmmmmmmm..... If your getting good stitches with your SR...then no I wouldn't think that, but the gears could have a bubble and that is moving around and clicking. Have you called the Service department and let them listen to the clicking....they actually can tell you want it is from the telephone. Give them a call.

You say the sound is like Dentures clicking....is it more towards the front or back of the machine. When was the last time you repacked the front gears.... But you then mention its like a channel lock coming and going.... hmmmmmmmmm..... If your getting good stitches with your SR...then no I wouldn't think that, but the gears could have a bubble and that is moving around and clicking. Have you called the Service department and let them listen to the clicking....they actually can tell you want it is from the telephone. Give them a call.

Archived