WANTED! Bernina Ruffler foot #86 & Featherweight Bobbin case & bobbin source?

Guest LA

If anyone has the ruffler foot for sale please contact me, I have a special project I am working on & I need this foot to make the job a breeze!

Also I wanted to know if anyone knew of an on-line source for GOOD quality featherweight bobbins & bobbincases.

I see many of them out their but I really want to steer away from the made in "china" stuff! (is this possible?)

Thanks! :)

P.S. here's s photo of the foot~~~~

If anyone has the ruffler foot for sale please contact me, I have a special project I am working on & I need this foot to make the job a breeze!

Also I wanted to know if anyone knew of an on-line source for GOOD quality featherweight bobbins & bobbincases.

I see many of them out their but I really want to steer away from the made in "china" stuff! (is this possible?)

Thanks! :)

P.S. here's s photo of the foot~~~~

Don't know of a online source for Singer parts, but any sew and vac that servicesa Singer machine can get one for you. The bobbins can also be picked up at JoAnn's. Bobbin cases will fit either a 301 or 221 and 222 featherweights.

As for the ruffler. I would order from my Berinia dealer. I have one and wouldn't part with it for anything. I make to many ruffly things. Also you can get a generic one to fit your featherweight as well.

Don't know of a online source for Singer parts, but any sew and vac that servicesa Singer machine can get one for you. The bobbins can also be picked up at JoAnn's. Bobbin cases will fit either a 301 or 221 and 222 featherweights.

As for the ruffler. I would order from my Berinia dealer. I have one and wouldn't part with it for anything. I make to many ruffly things. Also you can get a generic one to fit your featherweight as well.

The Singer Ruffler that came with some of the earlier Featherweights is almost the same as the one you have pictured.

Featherweight parts try

www.221parts.com

www.thefeatherweight221factory.com

http://pages.suddenlink.net/joyof301s/glenn.htm Glenn is a great source.

www.singer-featherweight.com Graham is the guru

www.april1930s.com

Lyn

The Singer Ruffler that came with some of the earlier Featherweights is almost the same as the one you have pictured.

Featherweight parts try

www.221parts.com

www.thefeatherweight221factory.com

http://pages.suddenlink.net/joyof301s/glenn.htm Glenn is a great source.

www.singer-featherweight.com Graham is the guru

www.april1930s.com

Lyn

I have ordered Featherweight parts from www.221parts.com and have always rec'd excellent service.

I would NOT buy generic 221 bobbins from JoAnn's. Did that once - both packs of bobbins were junk. As in not made right. There was a ridge around the center hole that didn't allow them to fit in the bobbin case correctly.

I would recommend spending a bit more to get the good ones.

I have ordered Featherweight parts from www.221parts.com and have always rec'd excellent service.

I would NOT buy generic 221 bobbins from JoAnn's. Did that once - both packs of bobbins were junk. As in not made right. There was a ridge around the center hole that didn't allow them to fit in the bobbin case correctly.

I would recommend spending a bit more to get the good ones.

Yeah!

Good to know, I really did'nt want to buy crappy bobbins, I had no idea where to go either! (you just never know what your going to get sometimes & I appreicate the refferals.)

Now I just need to order a Bernina ruffler foot, kind of spendy at $120 but you get what you pay for & I really want to have fun with this ruffled project, it's not worth pulling my hair out trying to save a penny or two, I am kind of funny about using the right tool for the job etc.

I'll post photo's of my project later, it's SOoo darn cute!;)

Yeah!

Good to know, I really did'nt want to buy crappy bobbins, I had no idea where to go either! (you just never know what your going to get sometimes & I appreicate the refferals.)

Now I just need to order a Bernina ruffler foot, kind of spendy at $120 but you get what you pay for & I really want to have fun with this ruffled project, it's not worth pulling my hair out trying to save a penny or two, I am kind of funny about using the right tool for the job etc.

I'll post photo's of my project later, it's SOoo darn cute!;)

Archived