My first attempt at custom

Ok since I am up late playing :P and I finally figured out how to post pics, I will post some more. This quilt I did last winter for one of my twins and it was my 1st attempt at custom, feathers (no not freehand...but hopefully some day) and McTavishing in some of the backgrounds.

post--13461897876041_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, maybe there is hope for my feathers yet, lol

The quilt wasn't my design it is an Amy Bradley design called sugar & spice

here's the link to it.

http://www.amybradleydesigns.com/sugar_and_spice.htm

The feathers is a border pattern from Deb's design

Last winter when I did the quilting on it I had problems with making the feathers match up around the corners, but my daughter didn't mind and it was good practice;) The stippling & Mctavishing did take alot of time, I was so glad when the thing was finished.

Joann

post--13461897876295_thumb.jpg

Hay Joann:

These pic's disappeared too, they were here yeaterday I saw them.

I sent you an email on your coffee quilt, because the same thing happened to those pic's to. Maybe someone a heard office can help sort this out for you.

please keep trying :(

Sorry guys, we have been having problems with our internet provider this weekend, they sold the company to their rival and they started making changes like changing our IP address among other things without letting us or their other customers know what they were doing. DH got it straightened out (he had to go in and make changes to our DNS server to read the new IP address) so hopefully everyone will be able to see the pics soon if they can't already (DH said it has to do with how long everyones Internet Provider's DNS servers updates...usually 24 hours or less).

Don't ask me what any of this all means...it goes right over my head, LOL I am just typing what my DH is telling me to as he is standing over my shoulder as I am typing. ;)

Joann

Joann,

I'm a newbee and must admit I've been lurking for quite some time. Your little girl's quilt forced me to jump in for the first time. It is sooooooooo cute, I would love to make one for my little granddaughter. Are the blocks appliqued or are they printed panels? Any idea where I might find the pattern? You also did a beautiful job of quilting it. I'm sure your little girl will cherish it always.

To all the rest of you, I want to send a huge THANK YOU. You are an amazing collection of talented people and, you so graciously share, help, and inspire all of us. This forum is wonderful thanks to all of you!

Carol in Idaho

The blocks are all appliqued and the eyes on the little girl in the center of the quilt I did with my embroidery machine the embroidery I used can be purchased at

http://www.embroidery.com/product.asp?sid={65B9C75E-679F-4B3E-B5AF-931DEA2C6640}&LeftSearchUsed=true&EFID=71&productsetid=51798&shopstop=1

(you need to copy and paste the whole link to view the embroidery)

The nose and mouth I hand stitched.

The pattern tells you how to paint the eyes but since I have never been good at painting I decided to use my embroidery machine instead. It has held up really well in the wash (it has been washed at least a dozen times already).

Joann

Archived