VERY NQR: GULF SEALIFE

So.....after taking the granddog and grandcat to the vet for shots, the vet was talking to me about the gulf spill and how it affects the wildlife. Then the vet said something that just made me cry.:(:(:(

The local vets are being taken out on boats to very quietly euthanize distressed dolphins and other sealife. This is being kept extremely quiet so the public does not become outraged.:(:(

I don't want to get into a political discussion on the oil spill, but this just breaks my heart. On top of the local people in distress economically, mentally and emotionally, here we are with this going on too.......nuff said.....:o:o:o

P.S. I have no problem with putting distressed animals out of their misery...only the secrecy part.

Guest Linda S

All politics aside here, this whole situation has just made me sick. I want them to shut that thing down, NOW! All along, I think they just want to make sure they can keep getting oil of that stupid well. I'm sure there are some species that will never recover from this. It is so very sad.

Linda

In tragedies like this, its always the animals that suffer. They have no one to speak for them. It just makes me sad. Thank goodness for your vet and others that are helping to eliminate the suffering. I would like to make those responsible for this suffer, too--whether that's politically correct or not.

You're right Dory. The company needs to suffer financially, if nothing else. It's all based on greed and that's a very ugly thing. We have no idea of the depth of damage that has been caused and I don't know if we ever will. Seeing as how there is a no-fly zone and so many are not allowed into certain areas - makes one wonder.

This is indeed a terrible story, and the secrecy just makes it all the more dismal. We will probably not know for a long time how much oil went into the Gulf and how bad its effects were. I think we feel even worse when we think the government is not telling what they are doing.

This applies in our country as much as in anyone else's.

Some things are hard to even think about, and this is one of them.

Sylvia

Archived